Water cooled GTX 970?

What effect would using liquid cooling on the 970 have for overclocking? How much higher could the clock go?

The clock won't go any higher then what is In its silicon limit...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

It can allow you a better overclock IF the card can clock higher in the first place.

Get the card and see how high you can get the clocks. If you're stopped by artifacting, then don't watercool. If you're stopped by temps then watercool.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Before even considering getting a custom or AIO watercooler for a GPU it´s always helpful to know its ASIC. Based on the ASIC you can determine in which segment this card will be an if it´s qualified to slam a watercooler on it.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Before even considering getting a custom or AIO watercooler for a GPU it´s always helpful to know its ASIC. Based on the ASIC you can determine in which segment this card will be an if it´s qualified to slam a watercooler on it.

Very useful thing to do. 

What effect would using liquid cooling on the 970 have for overclocking? How much higher could the clock go?

Here's how yo get the ASIC quality: http://gyazo.com/ecfb9387dcd0ba9ff65880df5a355872

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III