Does anyone on here play Guild Wars 2?

GrimNeo

Just wondering if it is worth returning to the game. I got bored with the game and stopped playing 6 months ago. I was a very active WvW commander for my server with over 2500 hours commanding and I was very active in World bosses and story like lving world. I was just wondering if the game is worth playing again. It does not seem like a lot of changes have been made. I did everything in the game I can think of but maybe I just played it too much and just got tired. Thanks in advance for any replies. I still love the game but needed a break.

Server Gate of Madness

WvW Commander

PvE Commander

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Just wondering if it is worth returning to the game. I got bored with the game and stopped playing 6 months ago. I was a very active WvW commander for my server with over 2500 hours commanding and I was very active in World bosses and story like lving world. I was just wondering if the game is worth playing again. It does not seem like a lot of changes have been made. I did everything in the game I can think of but maybe I just played it too much and just got tired. Thanks in advance for any replies. I still love the game but needed a break.

Server Gate of Madness

WvW Commander

PvE Commander

I am starting next week... waiting for my 4K screen... 

I was wondering which server to join...

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Stopped almost 8 months ago. No, I don't think there's anything left in the game other than PVP and WVW and living world if you're interested in the story, which I don't.

The server really on matter for WvW. The higher end server will have more players on them making it take an hour or more to get into a WvW map. The lower ranked servers will have less players and a tight nit community for WvW. If you are just playing for spvp or pve then your fine with choosing any server. You can guest on every server for PvE but with the last server update almost all players from all servers will be on the map. Making towns and maps more populated for new players. If you are from a country outside of USA and looking for people from your country. You should try the guild wars 2 website to see what they servers they are on.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I don't know much about europe server. But Jade Quarry, Black Gate, and Isle of Janthir are pretty good for NA.

Stopped almost 8 months ago. No, I don't think there's anything left in the game other than PVP and WVW and living world if you're interested in the story, which I don't.

I figured. I guess for a game that is free to play after you buy it. Not much room for improving it. Living story seemed ok but I love WvW. Just the same maps over and over again. They need more maps for WvW.

I don't know much about europe server. But Jade Quarry, Black Gate, and Isle of Janthir are pretty good for NA.

Those are great servers but I heard it might take a while to get into WvW and good luck on reset night.

The server really on matter for WvW. The higher end server will have more players on them making it take an hour or more to get into a WvW map. The lower ranked servers will have less players and a tight nit community for WvW. If you are just playing for spvp or pve then your fine with choosing any server. You can guest on every server for PvE but with the last server update almost all players from all servers will be on the map. Making towns and maps more populated for new players. If you are from a country outside of USA and looking for people from your country. You should try the guild wars 2 website to see what they servers they are on.

I wanna play that game like every other MMORPG - means - PVE till about last level and then PVP in all kinds of ways possible...

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

I wanna play that game like every other MMORPG - means - PVE till about last level and then PVP in all kinds of ways possible...

The have sPvP which is more like tourne style and they have WvW which is 3 servers fighting against each other. If you're looking for sPvP then servers don't matter. If your looking for a top tier WvW then good luck getting in. But if you want mid tier WvW then I would say a lof of the crazy die hards are on Fort Aspenwood. That means running a certain build and never changing. Also for a great WvW clan. Look up Red Guard on YouTube. They are EU but they are awesome and you have to have a certain build to be in that type of Guild. They do run GvG but not really supported on GW 2 but some areas are open for it. Look up build guides for what class you want for WvW, sPvP and PvE. sPvP really everyone gets the same stats its just how you combine everything and your skill.

The have sPvP which is more like tourne style and they have WvW which is 3 servers fighting against each other. If you're looking for sPvP then servers don't matter. If your looking for a top tier WvW then good luck getting in. But if you want mid tier WvW then I would say a lof of the crazy die hards are on Fort Aspenwood. That means running a certain build and never changing. Also for a great WvW clan. Look up Red Guard on YouTube. They are EU but they are awesome and you have to have a certain build to be in that type of Guild. They do run GvG but not really supported on GW 2 but some areas are open for it. Look up build guides for what class you want for WvW, sPvP and PvE. sPvP really everyone gets the same stats its just how you combine everything and your skill.

hmm... but can i change servers? Is it the server I have to get in or is it actually the guild?

Cost money to change servers. The guilds are on several servers but they are limited to that server only for WvW. PvE guilds are on all servers thanks to the Mega server. I don't know about sPvP guilds but its only a 5 person team.

Cost money to change servers. The guilds are on several servers but they are limited to that server only for WvW. PvE guilds are on all servers thanks to the Mega server. I don't know about sPvP guilds but its only a 5 person team.

well, i am more looking for WvW. 5v5 is like LoL so no thanks. I wanna see armies of players fighting...

So can I possibly get to Fort Aspenwood then do PVE and straightly jump to WvW? If it costs $ to change server, why not just go there in the first place?

Also you mensioned "mid tier"... Isn't Higher tier more crazy die hard?

well, i am more looking for WvW. 5v5 is like LoL so no thanks. I wanna see armies of players fighting...

So can I possibly get to Fort Aspenwood then do PVE and straightly jump to WvW? If it costs $ to change server, why not just go there in the first place?

You pick a server the first time you login and you will represent that server for WvW. Changing servers will cost germs which you can buy with tell cash or convert your gold to gens. For PvE, i believe all servers in a region are combined (NA or EU) so you can play with people on other servers.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Server Gate of Madness

WvW Commander

PvE Commander

The living world is quite a bit better than it was in the previous season. But while it's now possible to replay it, you're going to have to pay per episode to unlock it since I assume you haven't been logging in during the patches to unlock them for free.

There have been changes, but I'm unsure what you are hoping to find. I don't think much of the things you've described have changed enough to make you interested if you weren't before. Personally, I enjoy farming/living world/PvE stuff. It's a free-to-play MMO, so it's my timesink game when I feel like playing.

So can I possibly get to Fort Aspenwood then do PVE and straightly jump to WvW? If it costs $ to change server, why not just go there in the first place?

From what I have seen the crazy guild vs guild clans are in the mid tiers since they can all get into wvw faster than the higher tier. I have not checked rankings in a while but Fort Aspenwood is now number 5 and will be moving to 4. I always thought they were one of the best and a lot of my crazy die hard WvW friends went there. Its not for a rookie. You have to run a specific build and class and listen and give call outs. Mics are required. I suggest you join my server. Gate of Madness. We have improved a lot since I was a WvW commander. We finished number 1 in the tourne for tier 3. I helped lead the WvW a lot. Were now ranked 12 and moving on up after beating number 10 this week. We have a very tight nit community and lots of pve players. We went from rank 23 to 12. We played a the low end of WvW and have been destroyed but the server still stands. We use to be the number 2 server but some person cheated and was caught on youtube and made our server look bad and a lot of people left. What's left is the core and we have serveral WvW only guilds. GvG is on our server. I have over 2000 hours in WvW and over a 1000 commanding. http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups for WvW ranks. I recommend running low graphics because when you have over 200 people fighting on high your fps will be so slow. Even high end GPUs have problems. The game is not optimized that well.

You pick a server the first time you login and you will represent that server for WvW. Changing servers will cost germs which you can buy with tell cash or convert your gold to gens. For PvE, i believe all servers in a region are combined (NA or EU) so you can play with people on other servers.

The exchange rate is so bad but if you farm then it should be ok. Mega server for NA combines all players on the map and several servers.

The living world is quite a bit better than it was in the previous season. But while it's now possible to replay it, you're going to have to pay per episode to unlock it since I assume you haven't been logging in during the patches to unlock them for free.

There have been changes, but I'm unsure what you are hoping to find. I don't think much of the things you've described have changed enough to make you interested if you weren't before. Personally, I enjoy farming/living world/PvE stuff. It's a free-to-play MMO, so it's my timesink game when I feel like playing.

Looks like it won't be worth it. My only complaint is the Living world. They went from talking about expansions to doing Living world. I wish they would do expansions. I would throw my money at them. Instead we get no new classes or races and this Living World BS. If I did come back then it would be for WvW but PvE in guild wars 2 could have been better. Nothing else to do.

From what I have seen the crazy guild vs guild clans are in the mid tiers since they can all get into wvw faster than the higher tier. I have not checked rankings in a while but Fort Aspenwood is now number 5 and will be moving to 4. I always thought they were one of the best and a lot of my crazy die hard WvW friends went there. Its not for a rookie. You have to run a specific build and class and listen and give call outs. Mics are required. I suggest you join my server. Gate of Madness. We have improved a lot since I was a WvW commander. We finished number 1 in the tourne for tier 3. I helped lead the WvW a lot. Were now ranked 12 and moving on up after beating number 10 this week. We have a very tight nit community and lots of pve players. We went from rank 23 to 12. We played a the low end of WvW and have been destroyed but the server still stands. We use to be the number 2 server but some person cheated and was caught on youtube and made our server look bad and a lot of people left. What's left is the core and we have serveral WvW only guilds. GvG is on our server. I have over 2000 hours in WvW and over a 1000 commanding. http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups for WvW ranks. I recommend running low graphics because when you have over 200 people fighting on high your fps will be so slow. Even high end GPUs have problems. The game is not optimized that well.

I will see which server let's me get in. I will have to rush trought a couple of MMOs in a short time so I will try to level quickly. 

Also, you said the game is not optimized well - but I will be with a GTX 980 overclocked so won't that be enough? It's the fastest single gpu on the planet after all. I won't be keeping it for long though cuz I am waiting for the actual GM200 fully unlocked - that would help me run games on 4K like a dream.

I will see which server let's me get in. I will have to rush trought a couple of MMOs in a short time so I will try to level quickly. 

Also, you said the game is not optimized well - but I will be with a GTX 980 overclocked so won't that be enough? It's the fastest single gpu on the planet after all.

Like I said its not a matter of gpu. Its more like too many players on the screen. You will still get low fps if on ultra settings with everything going on. I think its more a game engine problem as the game cant handle it. So when the server is full and you're fighting a world boss or WvW epic battle the amount of players on the screen and will cause it to slow down. Please let me know your fps for the game. But other than that a 980 is more than enough for guild wars 2. I would recommend Low to mid settings for those intense moments but if you can pull over 100fps then you should try high and see. For WvW every frame counts plus the game has unlimited player models meaning your gpu will render everyone and at a far distance. So some battles can have over 150 people at once. Remember its 3 servers fighting each other. The battle for Stonemist on reset nights. Also WvW works like this.... Friday night the server resets and if you're not the first person to get into a map then on higher end server you could be waiting for more than 5 hours. Even on Gate of Madness I waited 2 hours to get into a map on reset night. The top tier servers are capped and full so that means it might take you 2 plus hours even on week days to get in. On lower tier servers that would not be a problem but if you like waiting then go ahead. You can join any server except for the full servers. Your skill will determine what guild will pick you up. Also you can WvW at level 1 because it will upscale you. Also in PvE a lvl 80 can help you because they get down scaled to your level but they will have better stats. The game really hits a cap once your full level as legendary only does a stat change with exotic stats meaning you can change your stats. Legendary is only for looks and the stat change is nice. All you really need is exotics and then picking what armor and weapon you like. Really once lvl 80 its only for dressing up.

Looks like it won't be worth it. My only complaint is the Living world. They went from talking about expansions to doing Living world. I wish they would do expansions. I would throw my money at them. Instead we get no new classes or races and this Living World BS. If I did come back then it would be for WvW but PvE in guild wars 2 could have been better. Nothing else to do.

I hear this a lot, but does the game actually need new races or classes? What roles would those new races and/or classes fill that doesn't already exist in the game?

I'd like to see an expansion for opening up the world a bit more, but I can't think of any new class roles that this game actually needs.

Also, you said the game is not optimized well - but I will be with a GTX 980 overclocked so won't that be enough? It's the fastest single gpu on the planet after all.

GW2 strangles CPUs until they weep and despair. It's a modified version of a very old engine, and it's not uncommon to see both CPU and GPU utilization very low and to still see poor performance. It runs alright when solo or in small groups, but even high-end systems with Core i7's can't really hope to see more than the high-40's in huge zergs. 60 FPS zerg combat, as far as I know, is still basically impossible.

Meanwhile a GTX 980 would be so underutilized that you could probably play it at 4K and see little or no performance difference. The graphics are nothing. It's good-looking in terms of it's art direction, but the technology behind it wasn't even impressive when it was released in 2012.

I hear this a lot, but does the game actually need new races or classes? What roles would those new races and/or classes fill that doesn't already exist in the game?

I'd like to see an expansion for opening up the world a bit more, but I can't think of any new class roles that this game actually needs.

GW2 strangles CPUs until they weep and despair. It's a modified version of a very old engine, and it's not uncommon to see both CPU and GPU utilization very low and to still see poor performance. It runs alright when solo or in small groups, but even high-end systems with Core i7's can't really hope to see more than the high-40's in huge zergs. 60 FPS zerg combat, as far as I know, is still basically impossible.

Meanwhile a GTX 980 would be so underutilized that you could probably play it at 4K and see little or no performance difference. The graphics are nothing. It's good-looking in terms of it's art direction, but the technology behind it wasn't even impressive when it was released in 2012.

They could add the Tengu. In the making of GW 2 book they even said the Tengu was going to be in the game but they took it out at the last second. Also if they made the Kodan a playable race. They could add Dervish for the next class but that might already be included in some classes now. Always room for improvement. Also the reward for playing Living world is mainly skins and some dungeons.

Sucks about the Cpu and gpu aspect of that engine but unless they come out with a new engine which wont happen. I don't see a problem with my gtx 680. Like you said for huge zerg fights it will hit your pc and drop the fps. Anyways most pro players play on low setting for WvW. Zerg busting is what I specialize in. Being from a small WvW server like Gate of Madness. We were outnumbered but never out gunned. One of the best fights I had was taking my small 15 person guild and beating over 100 in the battle for a fully upgraded stonemist which was not held by us. Fighting 2 servers at the same time while holding the middle. One of the best fights. I love WvW a lot. Red Guard videos helped me with zerg busting.

So a 6 core Haswell Extreme overclocked to 4.5 GHz will still struggle? You are joking right? (i7 5820K) ok... Well if it goes low on FPS i will go down in settings and resolution. 

Still, what's "zerg" anyways?

And really? 150 people is actually possible?...that's a slaughter man... I am actually looking to join EU server for the WvW. I really do not wanna have internet latency lag on top of the bad system optimization. Anybody plays in EU server? 

So a 6 core Haswell Extreme overclocked to 4.5 GHz will still struggle? You are joking right? (i7 5820K) ok... Well if it goes low on FPS i will go down in settings and resolution. 

Still, what's "zerg" anyways?

And really? 150 people is actually possible?...that's a slaughter man... I am actually looking to join EU server for the WvW. I really do not wanna have internet latency lag on top of the bad system optimization. Anybody plays in EU server? 

By a zerg I mean huge groups of players, often 50+ (which may become 100 if you're fighting another 50). I haven't heard of anyone actually using a Haswell-E processor in that game this I can ask, but since the benefits of Haswell-E will be roundly ignored by the game I don't see why it would make much difference. It's an issue of terrible optimization.

I actually haven't heard of many network-related issues for people, unless the servers are undergoing maintenance or some unusual issue. My NA guild has players from the UK, Australia/NZ and one guy from Hong Kong, and I never hear of them having any trouble.

Sucks about the Cpu and gpu aspect of that engine but unless they come out with a new engine which wont happen. I don't see a problem with my gtx 680. Like you said for huge zerg fights it will hit your pc and drop the fps. Anyways most pro players play on low setting for WvW. Zerg busting is what I specialize in. Being from a small WvW server like Gate of Madness. We were outnumbered but never out gunned. One of the best fights I had was taking my small 15 person guild and beating over 100 in the battle for a fully upgraded stonemist which was not held by us. Fighting 2 servers at the same time while holding the middle. One of the best fights. I love WvW a lot. Red Guard videos helped me with zerg busting.

On my system, most of the video settings don't seem to help, because my GTX 770 is usually half-asleep in this game even at max detail. Since the performance becomes so aggressively CPU-bound, the only thing that seems to help much is reducing the character model limit so the game draws fewer players, but at least for me it doesn't go low enough to actually resolve it completely.

By a zerg I mean huge groups of players, often 50+ (which may become 100 if you're fighting another 50). I haven't heard of anyone actually using a Haswell-E processor in that game this I can ask, but since the benefits of Haswell-E will be roundly ignored by the game I don't see why it would make much difference. It's an issue of terrible optimization.

I actually haven't heard of many network-related issues for people, unless the servers are undergoing maintenance or some unusual issue. My NA guild has players from the UK, Australia/NZ and one guy from Hong Kong, and I never hear of them having any trouble.

Well i got 50 mb/s DL and 5 mb/s upload and I am using ethernet... should be ok.

Have you noticed if the game uses ALL CPU cores? Maybe I can overclock a number of cores if it uses less than all 6.