Gaming/day trading pc

Chitown

Building my second pc, been couple years. Need some advice and help. I have not been able to find much help with the trading part of it besides people showing off bunch of screens. Is there anything I need to watch out for with building a trading pc? So far I have settled on intel I7-5930 haswell chip and corsair hydro series H100i cooler. Also liking what gigabyte GV-N980G1 gaming-4GD GTX 980 4GB card has to offer but not decided on it yet. From what I come across, it's better to use one high end card than couple middle of the road ones. I would like some advice on the rest of the components, especially ram and memory. I was gonna skip including SSD but from what I read, the trading part of the pc would really benefit from it, so now I do want it. I watched some videos on SSD drives and hard drives, but still a bit unclear on how exactly I should make them work together. Really need help there. As a disclaimer, I only have one screen right now, but plan on expanding to 2, 3, 4, maybe even 5 screens in the future. What possible bottlenecks, problems should I look out for, avoid in this build?

It is true that it is always better to use the single fastest gpu solution.

BUT, not if it is 200$ more expensive than the second fastest solution with only a few % lower performance.

Why is everbody getting an H100i, that is not used for normal gaming.

A decent air cooler will be much quieter, for gamers and for people who like to watch movies or work on their pc.

The intel 5930 is way to overkill for you, if not only get an i5. But if you want to wait for a couple more games in the future that support hyperthreading, it´s worth it. Also for rendering, production.

If you need more help, many members would like to help you!

Day trading doesn't need much in the way of processing power more screens are much, much more useful.

For gaming a 5930 isn't really necessary an i5 is the sweet spot, if you've got the money just floating around go for it but you wont be using it to its potential for what you do, the GTX980 is a really good card but 2xGTX970s are generally considered better value for money.

SSDs are a must IMO for new computers, they just make everything more responsive, its near impossible to go back to HDDs after using SSDs.

8GB RAM is usually fine but I go for 16GB personally just for the added headroom (which I can eat into sometimes because I do CAD and rendering work), speeds aren't too important past 1600MHz at this point, just get the best value for money.

P.S. Look into 1440p (or maybe even 4K) screens too because the extra real-estate will be a lot nicer then 1080p for day trading, its not as important for gaming though IMO.

An i7 is pretty overkill, something like an i5-4690k will do just as good for gaming, heavier work like rendering is where an i7 is a better choice.

Also making a HDD function with an SSD is no problem. Just select the SSD when installing the OS and use the HDD for mass storage. Samsung's SSD's are great quality, the 840 evo is what i'd recommend.

When it comes to RAM, i'd recommend 2x4GB sticks of DDR3-1600. And keeping the option to upgrade to 16GB later on is important.

You want more monitors, the 980 is solid, but i don't think hooking up 5 monitors to one isn't gonna work well. I think you need a card with more VRAM. Do you plan on running all monitors simultaneously?

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED