Should I get a fan controller

_Dmitri_

I have a MSI Z77A-GD65 mobo and 5 Corsair Air Series SP120 PWM High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fans also 2 from my H100i which are now on the front of my corsair vengeance series c70 case. I would really like more control over the fans, such as when some of them run and at what rpms. So the question is, should I get a fan controller and if yes, then which one should I get? I am willing to spend up to $100 on a reliable and good quality fan controller that will fit in my case.

tbh its really what ever you want I would say u should.  I have the grid plus and its pretty nice its only has 6 3 pin channels so your gonna have to use a y fan cable thats like $5 so u can have all your fans connected but you use a software to monitor and change the speed so its pretty nice + its only $30. The only problem with this is that when u change the speed it changes the speed of all of them. 

Specs: Intel i7-4790k | Corsair H60 | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | 4x4g Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte g1 970 | Sandisk u110 128GB SSD | 1TB Toshiba Hard Drive | Corsair RM750 | Corsair Air 540 4 Corsair AF120 LED Purple 2 Corsair AF140 LED Purple

tbh its really what ever you want I would say u should.  I have the grid plus and its pretty nice its only has 6 3 pin channels so your gonna have to use a y fan cable thats like $5 so u can have all your fans connected but you use a software to monitor and change the speed so its pretty nice + its only $30. The only problem with this is that when u change the speed it changes the speed of all of them. 

I was looking for something that would would go in front of my case and each fan would has its own switch or something like that to control its speed, do you know of anything of that nature and im not a fan wiz but all my fans have 4 pin connectors.

I was looking for something that would would go in front of my case and each fan would has its own switch or something like that to control its speed, do you know of anything of that nature and im not a fan wiz but all my fans have 4 pin connectors.

Lamptron. I use a FC5v3 and it can take 6 fans with 30W per channel. 

Cheaper ones are available though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Maybe something like the nzxt sentry mix 2 but thats weird I have corsiar af120s and af140s and they are all 3 pin. 

Specs: Intel i7-4790k | Corsair H60 | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | 4x4g Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte g1 970 | Sandisk u110 128GB SSD | 1TB Toshiba Hard Drive | Corsair RM750 | Corsair Air 540 4 Corsair AF120 LED Purple 2 Corsair AF140 LED Purple

Maybe something like the nzxt sentry mix 2 but thats weird I have corsiar af120s and af140s and they are all 3 pin. 

ohh i see now, my fans have 4-PIN PWM Support for increased fan speed control but they can also work for 3 pin connectors too 

My fans use 4-pin connectors are there any fan controllers that have at least 4 4-pin connectors. these are the fans that I have:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181041

ohh i see now, my fans have 4-PIN PWM Support for increased fan speed control but they can also work for 3 pin connectors too 

THe nzxt sentry 2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992012

thats exactly what I'm looking for, thanks 

Yep make sure to get a y fan cable so you can connect all your fans

My fans use 4-pin connectors are there any fan controllers that have at least 4 4-pin connectors. these are the fans that I have:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181041

Doesn't matter. All the fans connected to mine are 3 pin and the built in RPM readout is very accurate. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Doesn't matter. All the fans connected to mine are 3 pin and the built in RPM readout is very accurate. 

so my 4-pin fans can be connected to 3-pin connectors on my mobo or a fan controller?

so my 4-pin fans can be connected to 3-pin connectors on my mobo or a fan controller?

You connect the four pin fans to the fan controller and they work fine. The fan controller only takes 3 pin fans since the fourth pin is unnecessary. 

You connect the four pin fans to the fan controller and they work fine. The fan controller only takes 3 pin fans since the fourth pin is unnecessary. 

alright so as long as i can use that fan controller you recommend with my fans then you have answered my question, thank you.

alright so as long as i can use that fan controller you recommend with my fans then you have answered my question, thank you.

You're welcome. Since it is 30W a channel you can connect quite a few fas with splitters.