Can't overclock on my Mobo and Graphics card Not at 100% of Use

Liace

Hello,

My first problem:

I have an Intel Extreme Board DZ77GA-70K Running latest BIOS Update and an I5 3570K.

When I try to turn Turboboost it up It works no problem but when I try to OC it with the multiplier just by 100 Mhz from the BIOS It doesn't want to start..

When I try from Windows It freeze 2 second later and BSOD..

Also fan control Never worked.. I had to buy an external controller.

And my second problem:

My graphics card Is never, Really Never at 100% or even 80%. It's always between 50% and 70%. And I can Feel it in my games ! To explain, I saw bunch of bench with my card and they're always a lot better than what I get with mine (exemple BF4 Normal Graphics : >30FPS)..

I have my PC since 2 years and it always been like that.

Thanks for reading I hope You can help me..

Full Specs:

Mobo:  Intel Extreme Board DZ77GA-70K

CPU: I5 3570K (Corsair H60/Arctic Silver 5)

GPU: ASUS GTX 760 OC Edition DCUII

RAM: 16Go 4*4 Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair GS800 (800W)

are you increasing that 100mhz or the multiplier? 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Are you actually increasing the multiplier or adjusting the BLCK?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Sorry for the delay..

Actually what I meant was that when I tried to change the BCLK from 100 to 101 It made my PC unable to boot.

I think It's due to the RAM Clock because when I use the multiplier for the Processor it's fine but,

When I OC my RAM from 1333Mhz to 1600Mhz (Using XMPs) My Pc Just Won't Boot at All..

I think the Problem is related to my RAM Clock because changing the BCLK Obviously change the RAM Clock.

you should not be touching the BCLK

when you mess with it, it also mess up your PCI-E, RAM USB etc

use only Multiplier OCing and voltage adjustment

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Okay But why does my PC crash when I OC my RAM and also when I push my multiplier to more than 43 ?

Okay But why does my PC crash when I OC my RAM and also when I push my multiplier to more than 43 ?

if you are running stock voltage

you need to bump up the voltage

make sure you only enable XMP for the RAM

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay thx I will try but, for my graphics card ??

Okay thx I will try but, for my graphics card ??

you can refer to overclocking guide videos on youtube

most uses Afterburner to tweak the GPU

I've bought that board before and I had same problems, it was fully shithouse unstable.

I had read reviews (and heard of more issues these boards had) but still wanted one, feature set is nice, looks great, quite fitting for my build.

Had to re-flash the bios with 3 different versions, one would let me OC, mouse wouldn't work at all, one wouldn't let me OC that far, but RAM was unstable, another one let me not OC at all, but system was stable... for a time

I could have just had a bad board...maybe, but after reading reviews first and hearing of issues, I should have known better too.

Got a Asrock Z77 Ext 4, been happy as larry ever since.

Any Z77 board is OP'riced at the moment, try to find a bargain replacement.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thanx a lot SkilledRebuilds it's what I was fearing..

And you too dragoon20005, and the others..