Ordered a Silverstone SFX 600W Gold+

nsl_

Hey!

I ordered a Silverstone power supply for the first time ever. Really stoked about what to expect. It'll be instantly modified though. Going to shorten the cables I believe and sleeve it. It's going to fit inside a Raijintek Metis case with a GTX Titan. For those of you who don't know this is an extremely small case. I have about 2mm clearance from the graphics card to the edge of the case. I'll post images of my setup soon as well.

Do you guys have any past sleeving experience of Silverstone power supplies? Is it easy to get the pins out? I've sleeved a Fractal Design power supply before and it was a pain in the ass to manage. Ended up just selling it to a friend who basically but all the cables off and put new connectors and a new terminal on the 24-pin because of the harse pins not going out properly.

Best regards,

nsl

I've never tried to shorten the cables on a Silverstone, or indeed any PSU, so can't help you there. But the SFX PSUs have short cables anyway, they are designed for some of the really small mini-ITX cases Silverstone make, so you may not need to shorten them.

Yeah, you may not need to shorten them, but in my experience, Silverstone power supplies seem to be, and are for that matter, very well built, so I wouldn't expect to be able to just yank the pins out of the connectors.  That being said, with the right tools, and some patience, you shouldn't have to worry about breaking anything while doing it.  Power supply modding is one of the hardest straightforward things you can do with a computer IMO.

I have their SFX 450w in my RVZ01. Can confirm, the cables are already very short. You won't have to worry about that.