Windows 10 risks

Hi guys!

I was thinking about installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Is there any risks for my hardware?

Can it brick my PC?

PC Specs:

i5 4590

GTX  770 Windforce 3 OC 2GB

External 1TB USB 3 hard drive

Gigabyte B82M-D3H

(Im going to unplug my other SSD and HDD to not lose any data...)

Thx!

It has a keylogger built into it because otherwise they wouldn't get much feedback. Not malicious, but I'd call that a risk.

Edit; Otherwise, no, it's fairly safe as far as I'm aware.

Hi guys!

I was thinking about installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Is there any risks for my hardware?

Can it brick my PC?

PC Specs:

i5 4590

GTX  770 Windforce 3 OC 2GB

External 1TB USB 3 hard drive

Gigabyte B82M-D3H

(Im going to unplug my other SSD and HDD to not lose any data...)

Thx!

Install it via a Virtual Machine, or at the very least, load it via a partition, or spare hard drive.

It's unlikely to brick you're pc, but it's pre release, buggy software, you don't want to lose you're data.

If you're installing it on a spare hard drive, you don't need to unplug your main HDD, SSD, as they won't be affected

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Install it via a Virtual Machine, or at the very least, load it via a partition, or spare hard drive.

It's unlikely to brick you're pc, but it's pre release, buggy software, you don't want to lose you're data.

If you're installing it on a spare hard drive, you don't need to unplug your main HDD, SSD, as they won't be affected

Are you sure it's not going to affect other hard drives? Because usually when you install an OS it change some stuff over there..

Are you sure it's not going to affect other hard drives? Because usually when you install an OS it change some stuff over there..

WIndows 10 may detect them, but it won't touch them. When you're in win 10, they'll be just like external drives. nothing happens to them, unless you tell windows to do something with them (e.g. copy a file to them)

If you want to be completely and utterly sure, then go ahead, unplug the SSD & HDD.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit