EVGA GTX 980 SC or ASUS 980 STRIX (POLL)

Aleks

Feel free to comment below explaining your choice! Thanks!

Strix, purely on aesthetics.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

Strix, purely on aesthetics.

Well that's highly subjective, I personally think the EVGA looks way better.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Well that's highly subjective, I personally think the EVGA looks way better.

I kind of agree to be honest, I am just wondering how overclocking between the two cards will work. Any input?

EVGA because it has an amazing heatsink, great EVGA customer support and it's one of the smaller GTX 980's. EVGA also retained the awesome triangle exhaust holes and triple DP I/O on this one.

http://www.overclockers.com/evga-gtx-980-superclocked-acx-20-graphics-card-review/ <-- awesome review (link might not work, search for the review on the Hexus website).

EVGA because it has an amazing heatsink, great EVGA customer support and it's one of the smaller GTX 980's. EVGA also retained the awesome triangle exhaust holes and triple DP I/O on this one.

http://www.overclockers.com/evga-gtx-980-superclocked-acx-20-graphics-card-review/ <-- awesome review (link might not work, search for the review on the Hexus website).

Thanks for the help man! really appreciate it.

Thanks for the help man! really appreciate it.

You're welcome. :) Have fun with that awesome GTX 980! 

EVGA for performance.

Asus Looks nice

Has the idle fanless mode, but that can be done with any GPU and MSi afterburner...

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

EVGA. 

Overclocking is going to be the same on both cards, it all comes down to silicon lottery.  No two cards are going to perform the same, even from the same brand.  It all comes down to luck.

Little known fact, EVGA also has the no-fan spin feature.  It was implemented with an update.

Where EVGA really kills it though, is customer service.  When you buy a product from EVGA, you are in good hands.  They stand behind their products better than any other company.  I don't want anything to go wrong, but if it does, you have peace of mind knowing that EVGA has your back. I haven't heard the greatest things about Asus, but I can attest first hand to how incredible EVGA is.  Not to mention their step-up program.

I am bias towards EVGA because of how good they have taken care of me, I'm not going to hide that, but their service has truly won me, and many other people on this forum over.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

EVGA. 

Overclocking is going to be the same on both cards, it all comes down to silicon lottery.  No two cards are going to perform the same, even from the same brand.  It all comes down to luck.

Little known fact, EVGA also has the no-fan spin feature.  It was implemented with an update.

Where EVGA really kills it though, is customer service.  When you buy a product from EVGA, you are in good hands.  They stand behind their products better than any other company.  I don't want anything to go wrong, but if it does, you have peace of mind knowing that EVGA has your back. I haven't heard the greatest things about Asus, but I can attest first hand to how incredible EVGA is.  Not to mention their step-up program.

I am bias towards EVGA because of how good they have taken care of me, I'm not going to hide that, but their service has truly won me, and many other people on this forum over.

Well if you are bias it is for a good reason! Thanks for the help!

EVGA. 

Not to mention there's been a lot of QC issues with Asus lately in their mobo department and I shudder at the thought of people who have to deal with their support.