Parts List for ULTIMATE Silent Gaming & Workstation PC Build Guide

This was an awesome build man. It kind of looks like my Workhorse PC (ex gamer). I've been running my EVGA 780i w/E8400 without a fan for almost 7 years now and I'm still gaming on it and rendering video. I haven't seen temps go above 75c (when I'm actually watching for it under new stresses).

This is what it used to be in and not once did it over heat and shut down. Only thing cooling it was a 120mm in the back and a 120mm in the front. This pic was taken back in 2008 when I first built it.

SP_A0176.jpg

Now it's in this case for better airflow and more drive space.

DSCN1168.jpg

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

Hey,

I have to say, that I really enjoyed this buildguide.

The production quality is exceptional, even by the high standards of LTT.

The build itself looks extremely nice with its clean black and orange theme. Its nice to see a system, which is not exactly mainstream or bling-bling-custom watercooled.

The only thing I miss, are the temperatures. I believe you, that this cooling-solution works, but some numbers would be interesting.

So, please keep making buildguides like this one!

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

Being a electronics technician, I am curious what is making noise at idle, since al the moving parts are turned off at idle, and he said the rom was like 11db and the system was 14db at idle which he said was as good as it gets, but still something is making some amount of noise???

is it just basically really slight whine that you get from inductors and so on??? preety much nt detected able by the human ear, but the testing device can hear it.

oh yeah the production quality was excellent on this video, it almost seemed too good for LTT.

music great too.

didnt watch the whole video but all i can say is that you can achieve near silence with any pc case, just make sure all your fans are high quality. I have a lian li pc v 359 and I cant hear schiit, not even under load. great choice of components for this build!:)

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

FINNALY PC BUILD GUIDE AGAIN THANKS LINUSS!!!!!!! :D

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Normally every silent PC build has a Fractal or an NZXT case, good to see a 'be quiet!' case for this build, got one myself as well.

I'm not saying NZXT or Fractal cases are bad, it's just that about every high end build uses one. They're great cases.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

No idea what the issue is. Auto straight up doesn't work for me sometimes.

This has been a recent issue with a lot of posts. I think the last two videos Nick posted were all black as well. How about paste as plain text button?

Edit: Wow. Not even 5 seconds into the actual video and already a bad pun... Linus never ceases to amaze

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Linus, why dont you make a shopping list of all of the Build Guides you make? Post the video, then on your website, have people "Preorder" if they really love your build then buy all of the components in bulk, that way, you can get discounts to your viewers!

This may be far away for the LinusTechTips team, but I think it's a good idea.

To the video editor: Nice job on the intro.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / MOBO: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO / RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW / Case: Fractal Design R5 / Storage: Samsung 950 PRO M.5 512GB, 2 Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (RAID 0), WD Green 4TB / PSU: Corsair RM750 / Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 / Keyboard: Logitech G15 / Mouse: Logitech G600 / Speakers: Logitech X-230 / OS: Windows 10

Phone: Pixel 2

lol, I was looking at the component list in shock before I remembered the focus was on noise level and definitely not price.

$1 per gb, where did he find that price? None of the provided links are anywhere near that cheap.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Normally every silent PC build has a Fractal or an NZXT case, good to see a 'be quiet!' case for this build, got one myself as well.

I'm not saying NZXT or Fractal cases are bad, it's just that about every high end build uses one. They're great cases.

I think its just because its a newer case and people built their rigs when the H440 and R5 came out, Also the lack of built-in front intake looks like a disadvantage to me.

Wow, did not expect a build log - I guess you could say I never heard it coming

Amazing production quality as always, love the graphic style used in the intro.

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440

Man the intro was really good. I did notice the kitchen shot becoming more white if that is even a real thing.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I Really Really enjoyed the quality of the video,  everything was almost perfect.. edits, intro,b-roll,animation & linus walkthrough was as always exceptional (except the first joke.. -_- ) Good Job Linus & Team, a well deserved two thumbs up for you guys.. :)

EDIT: I'm looking forward to more videos like this from you guys..and last but not least , Thank You guys...

Details separate people.

What's the benefit of directing case fans onto CPU radiator, over just strapping fans to it?

Also, I'd love to see this sort of setup on AMD 9590, just to see the world burn.

I know this isn't the thread for it, and boy oh boy a quiet PC is dandy but where do we find out the wieners of the Mineral oil cases?

For cereal though, quiet PC is fabulous.

Anybody see that Paul from Paul's Hardware did a silent video on the same day as this?

So... he said the room by itself is 11 dB, how much does that make the PC? I just found this website where you can put multiple sound levels and it will calculate the total, so playing with the numbers if the total is 13 dB and the room is 11 dB that means the PC is 8.671 dB.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-spl.htm

At least that's what it looks like to me, but I'm just a computer guy. :P This stuff is way out of my league. Either way, I have a feeling this pc would be so quiet if there was any other noise in the room you'd never notice it.

I'm buying a new case and that video makes me really hesitant between the Silent Base 800 and, you guessed it, the Define R5.
So yeah, any advice to help me better differentiate the two?

EDIT: Dumbass past me forgot to check for existing topic on the matter. Sorry. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/261417-silent-base-800-vs-define-r5/

Awesome RIG How Much does it cost to make this rig??

How did you get the case fans to idle at 0 RPM? Maybe I need to update my Asus suite because I dont see auto fan stop.

could you do a quiet case showdown?
fractal R5

Be quiet silent base 800

Antec P100

with some standard parts in maybe i5, 970, not necesarry the BEST and MOST quiet fans

and compare noise from a gamer perspective