Parts List for ULTIMATE Silent Gaming & Workstation PC Build Guide

I saw you didn't enjoy my boob squirting?

it made my downstairs parts do weird things :/

I know some places that would pay money for that sort of thing, so if you ever need some extra cash or the whole LMG thing doesn't work out just give me a call ;)

but srsly, I laughed my ass off! Love channel super fun and patiently await all the new videos. I just hope you all can push them out more frequently!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Snip

Why does everyone prefer the strix cards especially you Linus.

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

Hey LMG, I want to let you know that you have the 4K gaming rig forum linked in the silent PC YouTube description.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

LOL too many people trying to access www.silentpcreview.com. The site is broken. Good Job Linus Tech Tips Community!

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

nice build, sorta surprised you didnt get a passive cooler for the graphics card.

also @LinusTech the system components list below the video is wrong, it goes to the 4k gaming rig topic

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/166464-parts-list-for-ultimate-4k-gaming-pc-build-guide/

Its all about those volumetric clouds

LOL too many people trying to access www.silentpcreview.com. The site is broken. Good Job Linus Tech Tips Community!

Probably should buy more server space than enough for 100 users..

I was looking at this site when that happened  :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

Nice, my laptop is probably louder than that xD

CS Major - Verified Discord bot dev - SysAdmin
Formerly owned a server hosting company

Nice intro music... Whoever edits the build guides must really like monstercat.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Nice intro music... Whoever edits the build guides must really like monstercat.

Monstercat FTW!

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Nice, my laptop is probably louder than that xD

Dude fix your sig use the spoiler feature [*****]  [/*****]

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Must...rotate...CPU...cooler!

And might as well throw out the rear fan filter as it doesn't fit.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Must...rotate...CPU...cooler!

And might as well throw out the rear fan filter as it doesn't fit.

I could've trimmed it if I wanted, but didn't want to sacrifice its newness for a temporary build.

I could've trimmed it if I wanted, but didn't want to sacrifice its newness for a temporary build.

While I see you here, may I ask what do you do with these 'temporary builds' after you finish making/reviewing them?

hmm...

I don't get why there was a need to add additional case fan. In the beginning I could see that the case has 2 front fans, which I guess got left in along with a top and rear fan.

What would have seemed more sense to me would have been to take one of the front fans and put it on the cpu heatsink(or remove it).

Is it more quiet to have 4 case fans vs 2 case fans(1 front 1 back) and a cpu fan?

Or is 3 louder than 4 for some reason? What if 2 front fans got replaced with one larger diameter one?

I was looking forward to this video because i am a silence freak. I really enjoyed it especially because you took so extreme steps to achieve total silence, like removing the CPU fan entireley. However i would've liked to see some performance numbers. How hot does the CPU get under load? How much would it help to add the middle fan into the DR Pro 3?

Btw. silentpcreviews seems to be down, we crashed it. :D I wonder why i haven't found out about this website before doe.

who cares...

I love this video! The intro and the layout looks so professionell. Edzel did a great job with his material design. I can watch this video multiple times, because it shows how far youtube came in case of video quality.

Thank you!

I saw you didn't enjoy my boob squirting?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

YES

YES 
YES
YES
YES
I LOVE YOU LINUS @LinusTech 

ALL HAIL LORD LINUS

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Thanks, awesome video.

I was just thinking few days ago "Hope someone makes an ultimate silent build guide".

I have a few question about the build:

1. Won't you get better CPU temps if you place the rear and top fan on CPU cooler instead?

2. Won't you get lower noise if you don't use a rear fan, specially if you use it as intake with a custom dust filter? To me it looks like the rear fan is the only place on the case that is not optimized for noise dampening.

3. Do you really need low noise adapters on the fans if you are gonna use software?

4. If you want as silent as possible build, shouldn't you go with Noctua?

5. What were the temps under load?

HDD noise? Wow that noise can be heard only if you put your ear on HDD :(

I wouldn't remove CPU fan since it wouldn't make a lot of nice and you get better temps. But its really nice :)

Mike Chin looks almost like Mark Chung who is a famous photographer. Spooky coincidence!