Recommendations on Case Lighting? Can RGB make white light?

So I just finished my build (or so I thought) and the inside of the case is not as bright as I thought it would be. I have never installed case lighting and don't really know what my best options are. My build is white and black in a carbide air 540 case. What I'm looking for is 12" strips of white leds that are dimmable. I have seen the RGB strips and would prefer to get those but I don't know if they can produce quality white light.

What are the best brand of dimmable 12" white led light strips?

Can RGB lighting accurately produce white light?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Can RGB lighting accurately produce white light?

afaik yes, because R+G+B = white

"Rawr XD"

afaik yes, because R+G+B = white

The reason I ask is because I have some RGB bulbs that are color changable with a remote. The white light that it produces doesn't seem to be "pure" white light. You can clearly see that its more torwards the blue spectrum and when looking closely can see the individual colors. I don't know if higher quality products still produce white light that poorly.

The reason I ask is because I have some RGB bulbs that are color changable with a remote. The white light that it produces doesn't seem to be "pure" white light. You can clearly see that its more torwards the blue spectrum and when looking closely can see the individual colors. I don't know if higher quality products still produce white light that poorly.

Well one of my friends has the K70 RGB which has really "pure" looking white, as well as a friend's Ford Focus with RGB LEDs for interior lighting.

I find the remote-controlled RGB lights (at least the ones that I've seen) to be pretty crap in terms of color reproduction tbh

"Rawr XD"

Well one of my friends has the K70 RGB which has really "pure" looking white, as well as a friend's Ford Focus with RGB LEDs for interior lighting.

I find the remote-controlled RGB lights (at least the ones that I've seen) to be pretty crap in terms of color reproduction tbh

im gonna have to call you on that. the ebay ones for like 10 bucks have poor color reproduction. the ones for 50+ are GREAT =) 

im gonna have to call you on that. the ebay ones for like 10 bucks have poor color reproduction. the ones for 50+ are GREAT =) 

All the ones that I've seen were at the ricer section at Walmart, and with their in-house brands so likely the same as the $10 eBay ones lol

"Rawr XD"

All the ones that I've seen were at the ricer section at Walmart, and with their in-house brands so likely the same as the $10 eBay ones lol

bhwahaha well there you go :P.

if you just want pure white i would recomend  one of those led strips thingymajig that you just hook up with a MOLEX

bhwahaha well there you go :P.

if you just want pure white i would recomend  one of those led strips thingymajig that you just hook up with a MOLEX

The regular single-light strips are pretty good though. I have two white Walmart LED strips in my white NZXT Phantom and the color is actually really nice. It's a bit of a cooler white but definitely white nonetheless. They're made for car use but I soldered on a molex connector myself. 

"Rawr XD"

The regular single-light strips are pretty good though. I have two white Walmart LED strips in my white NZXT Phantom and the color is actually really nice. It's a bit of a cooler white but definitely white nonetheless. They're made for car use but I soldered on a molex connector myself. 

makeshift DIY ftw :P im currently waiting on neon light bulbs to arrive. car parts on computer why not hahah

makeshift DIY ftw :P im currently waiting on neon light bulbs to arrive. car parts on computer why not hahah

The only LED strips available locally were the NZXT ones which were stupid expensive compared to the car ones when I bought them. And back then I couldn't order parts online

"Rawr XD"

The only LED strips available locally were the NZXT ones which were stupid expensive compared to the car ones when I bought them. And back then I couldn't order parts online

meh. a led is a led imo. paying 100 bucks for something you can get for 10 elsewhere is just stupid :P 

• 1 month later...

I bought a few meters of "Pure White" from eBay. Wired them up to a couple variable resistors and a switch on some veroboard, wired up a molex connection and stuck the lot behind one of my 5.25" bay covers. Now I can turn the two strips off if I'm downloading something overnight, or I can dim each strip separately (I've just set them to the brightness and left them though).

Edit: Oh, this thread is old. Sorry for bringing it up again.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS