i5 4590. Cooler suggestion

Werdna

I don't see why you can't use the stock cooler.  It's not like you will be doing overclocking of any sort.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

I don't see why you can't use the stock cooler.  It's not like you will be doing overclocking of any sort.

I heard the stock is really loud?

Not really.  The only time you might be hearing anything noticeable is when the CPU is under full load (you probably won't be doing this that often.)

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

If you dont want the stock cooler a good cheap alternative is a Hyper 212+ or 212 EVO both are between $20-30 depending on what rebates are being offered at the time.

I always suggest as the lowest thing I would personally buy, and that is the hyper 212 evo or plus.

I've got the stock cooler on my i5 4690K right now, its pretty quiet, at stock speeds I can't hear it at all.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I've got the stock cooler on my i5 4690K right now, its pretty quiet, at stock speeds I can't hear it at all.

What are your temps with it? Also are the stock thermal paste good?

What are your temps with it? Also are the stock thermal paste good?

Temps are around 60-70c under load (Not a stress test), 30c-ish idle.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well I've gone quite a bit past that on my cpu... (once hit somewhere in the 90s when doing a stress test on an oc)

Going over that max temp for short periods of time is not going to do much harm, but going over it constantly can cause some harm.

Well I've gone quite a bit past that on my cpu... (once hit somewhere in the 90s when doing a stress test on an oc)

Going over that max temp for short periods of time is not going to do much harm, but going over it constantly can cause some harm.

idk man, i think i'll just get the 212 evo. Im really scared. As i will be playing for hours....

idk man, i think i'll just get the 212 evo. Im really scared. As i will be playing for hours....

Nothing to worry about, those load temps are just that high because I'm using the i5 4690K's integrated graphics right now so it has to do a bit of extra work, but I've been playing minecraft (modded) for about 8 hours straight now and my temps have been around 50c the entire time.

yes but the new one will be quiter.

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps?