Coxial cable

Konztwocents

Hi im gonna be bitcoin mining but i already have a modem and im thinking of getting a modem and router in one box like the motorola surboard and im wondering if i can plug in my coaxial cable in my dish dvr slot with a coaxial splitter so will it make it like on signal or do i have to do it to the coaxial cable outlet the one that the modem is already using. with a splitter will it work because i dont want to get something that wont work thanks.

and the only ones i could find at 2 outs and 1 in so witch way does the data transfer or what ever through the out way or the in way like does data go through the in outlet to the out outlet or the other way around

Please allow punctuation to enter your life

Compatible with Windows 95

wait, what does coaxial cable have to do with bitcoin mining?

Woo!

:|

Hi im gonna be bitcoin mining but i already have a modem and im thinking of getting a modem and router in one box like the motorola surboard and im wondering if i can plug in my coaxial cable in my dish dvr slot with a coaxial splitter so will it make it like on signal or do i have to do it to the coaxial cable outlet the one that the modem is already using. with a splitter will it work because i dont want to get something that wont work thanks.

You can use a splitter 95% of the time it won't be a problem, that's how they create multiple connections to different parts of your house when the cable comes into your home. use a splitter from the wall then have one go into the DVR and the other go into the Modem.

wait, what does coaxial cable have to do with bitcoin mining?

oh because im gonna use a seperate modem and router for it so it doesnt make me and my familys internet slower

:|

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean at all by your original post. I don't get what you're referring to as you haven't separated what you wanted to say into chunks; I've no idea what you are asking for.

Maybe a diagram would help. Maybe it would help by telling us what you want

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean at all by your original post. I don't get what you're referring to as you haven't separated what you wanted to say into chunks; I've no idea what you are asking for.

Maybe a diagram would help. Maybe it would help by telling us what you want

i interpreted it, that he has one coaxial cable being used right now but he wants another for a second modem setup, is that correct @Konztwocents?

You can use a splitter 95% of the time it won't be a problem, that's how they create multiple connections to different parts of your house when the cable comes into your home. use a splitter from the wall then have one go into the DVR and the other go into the Modem.

so if i use a splitter i will still get a internet signal if thats the case. Can you help me find a splitter?.

i interpreted it, that he has one coaxial cable being used right now but he wants another for a second modem setup, is that correct @Konztwocents?

ya

ya

Thanks for enlightening me

Is it not going to be the case that your ISP will be charging you for two internet connections?

If there is only one line to your house wouldn't it be slowing your connection down the same amount regardless of whether you have one modem or two modems?

Sorry, genuinely intrigued whether or not this would help.

so if i use a splitter i will still get a internet signal if thats the case. Can you help me find a splitter?.

Any splitter will work just make sure it's signal loss is low to prevent any issues, the only time it'll be a problem is if you have a lot of splitters in your home it can cause problems with loss and you may need a booster to up the signal power. 

http://www.amazon.com/EXTREME-DIGITAL-PERFORMANCE-CABLE-SPLITTER/dp/B007YV0UQW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419120334&sr=8-1&

As tomlambert01 said you will be using up more of the throughput for your home's incoming internet connection, but it will be less taxing on the router that you use for your home network.

Any splitter will work just make sure it's signal loss is low to prevent any issues, the only time it'll be a problem is if you have a lot of splitters in your home it can cause problems with loss and you may need a booster to up the signal power. 

http://www.amazon.com/EXTREME-DIGITAL-PERFORMANCE-CABLE-SPLITTER/dp/B007YV0UQW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419120334&sr=8-1&

As tomlambert01 said you will be using up more of the throughput for your home's incoming internet connection, but it will be less taxing on the router that you use for your home network.

shoot. but will it still let my whole family still have good internet even though its going through the coax cable.

shoot. but will it still let my whole family still have good internet even though its going through the coax cable.

As long as the computer connected to the secondary isn't maxing out your home's internet connection you'll be ok, I personally haven't tried this but I don't see any issues with two modems on a signal internet connection unless your ISP can detect that and is like nope you can only have one.

As long as the computer connected to the secondary isn't maxing out your home's internet connection you'll be ok, I personally haven't tried this but I don't see any issues with two modems on a signal internet connection unless your ISP can detect that and is like nope you can only have one.

oh ya do you think that comcast will find out???

oh ya do you think that comcast will find out???

Well all ISP and service companies can tell what you have connected by sending a signal down your line to reset TV boxes, modems and things so I'm not too sure, I would ask first before starting since it would be annoying to have everything set up and find out it doesn't work.