Dead pixel

BaconPie

So...I just got a new display today, and I found a dead pixel.Do you think the reseller would give me a new one for a dead pixel, or would they just send it to service for weeks?

Do what cox1000 said.Send it back for refund,don't tell them that you will buy another one.The simply go get one :P

C++,Assembly,Reverse Engineering,Penetration testing,Malware analysis

Do you have a question?Are you interested in programming?Do you like solving complex problems?Hit me up with a pm.

I would just send it back for a refund, and buy a new one later. That way you can guarantee they won't keep you waiting.

Good idea, but maybe I'll phone them before I go there.Perhaps I'll flag the bill so they know for sure I bought it just the other day.

Good idea, but maybe I'll phone them before I go there.Perhaps I'll flag the bill so they know for sure I bought it just the other day.

Don't mention the dead pixel.If they find out say that you didn't notice and you were unsatisfied with the monitor not the pixel.

C++,Assembly,Reverse Engineering,Penetration testing,Malware analysis

Do you have a question?Are you interested in programming?Do you like solving complex problems?Hit me up with a pm.

Don't mention the dead pixel.If they find out say that you didn't notice and you were unsatisfied with the monitor not the pixel.

Well, unfortunetly this is not the US where I'm living.So if I just go ahead and say I was unstatesfied, they say "fuck off" in a bit more gentle way...It sucks, but I can't help it. :(

There is a ISO (13406-2 in most cases but may also be EN ISO 9241-307) for pixel defects so in most cases it isn't coverd by guarantee if you monitor is class II or higher. (because it's still rated as fully functional) If the seller is aware of this he may not take the monitor back. At least not have to take it back but you may try it anyway.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

Well, I figured that the pixel is propably just stuck, since I can't see it in solid red or blue, and it's clearly visible with green, so maybe the green subpixel pooped itself.Ill let an LCD fixer run for the night, I hope it's gonna be fine.

There is a ISO (13406-2) for pixel defects so in most cases it isn't covert by guarantee if you monitor is class II or higher. If the seller is aware of this he may not take the monitor back. At least not have to take it back but you may try it anyway.

Well thanks letting me know that.Do you think an LCD fixer thing, which flashes the screen like crazy could help?

If its just a stuck pixel it may help, if its a connection problem (no electrical contact to the subpixel) you may look for guides how you can fix it. (and be careful)

There is also a chance, that it will disappear after a bit of time.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

If its just a stuck pixel it may help, if its a connection problem (no electrical contact to the subpixel) you may look for guides how you can fix it. (and be careful)There is also a chance, that it will disappear after a bit of time.

As you can read above, my oppinion is that it's stuck, so I really hope that the 8+ hoursemof running the fixer will do the job.I always try to be careful when it's about my eletronics, because I really like them and if I screw up somehting most likely I can't get new stuff. :P