Installing watercooling for the first time

Mofu

Hi,

How do you like the following for water cooling my system? Anything I could improve? Anything overkill? I am especially not sure about the pump & if all the fittings/tubing will fit, AND is enough!

I would appreciate any help! Thanks. :)
/Mofu

@Mofu,

Welcome to the wonderful world of water cooling. If I may, I have a couple of suggestions:

1. http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-accessories/pumps/ek-d5-series-pump/ek-xtop-d5-vario-acetal-incl-pump.html - If you can get it, please do. Very quiet pump. long lasting, and it allows you to change up the speed to help with bleeding air out of the system.

2. Dont bother getting the thermal compound. EK suppiles it in the kits. When I did my build, between the EK block kits, there was more than enough.

3. Red coolant stains over time (or so I've heard).

4. Don't forget to get some fans.

Other than that, You've chosen quality products, and the end result will not only look awesome, but perform very well. Best of luck with the build!! :)

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

I recommend not using corsair fans for watercooling. They look nice, but they are loud. Especially the Performance editions. It is better to have a square framed fan for watercooling anyway because it will seal to the red better leaving less gaps for air to escape.