Would this airflow work in my 380T?

Destin
Go to solution Solved by MourningSouls,

That would be negative, not neutral. The fans on the H100 would be running fairly low. Use the front as an intake.

And open air coolers on GPU's intake air, not exhaust. The air after it hits the heatsink just kinda goes wherever. (I'm assuming you have a 780 SC ACX and not a reference one)

590f0ccb4d.png

I know this airflow is neutral which is like bad for dust or something but would the 780 exhausting air out the side push it towards the negative side?

Edit fixed the img added the 2 exhaust fans

CPU: i7 4770k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Mobo: Gigabyte z87 ud3h Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng. 1866MHz  GPU: EVGA SC 780 PSU: Corsair ax850 Case: Define R4 BlackOut Edition SSD: Samsung 840 EVO HDD: Two WD Black 7200RPM 1TB

the most efficient would be the 140mm the intake, and all the rest are exaust.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

That would be negative, not neutral. The fans on the H100 would be running fairly low. Use the front as an intake.

And open air coolers on GPU's intake air, not exhaust. The air after it hits the heatsink just kinda goes wherever. (I'm assuming you have a 780 SC ACX and not a reference one)

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Still aiming for negative so idgaf how i get there thx

Front intake.

lol u wot m8? 3 intakes and 1 exhaust? Just because it's in the front doesn't mean it has to be intake

CPU: i7 4770k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Mobo: Gigabyte z87 ud3h Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng. 1866MHz  GPU: EVGA SC 780 PSU: Corsair ax850 Case: Define R4 BlackOut Edition SSD: Samsung 840 EVO HDD: Two WD Black 7200RPM 1TB

Still aiming for negative so idgaf how i get there thx

lol u wot m8? 3 intakes and 1 exhaust? Just because it's in the front doesn't mean it has to be intake

airflow 101 for ya. Having a intake on the front, or even the bottom of the case if its filtered, and can get sufficient air. Is always a good idea. It allows fresh air to be blown across your HDD, and GPUs. Than having outakes as high in the case as possible pulling out the hot air sense Well hot air rises! Is also a good idea. Now I don't know much about negative, and positive, and neutral airflow. I haven't done much research. But the P4 system i rebuilt for the hell of it, used a 120(I think) fan blowing nice fresh air over the HDD, and the GPU. Than i had 2 120s in the top pulling out all the hot air. That seemed to work quite well for what would of been a very loud, and hot system.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Why exactly do you want negative pressure? More dust, more heat, lower life span.

And AiO fans are extremely inefficient at moving air, too much restriction.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S