Far Cry 3 vs. Far Cry 4

hknutsen

Do you think Far Cry 4 is the best in the series, or did Ubisoft fail to improve the game after the success of Far Cry 3? I prefer Far Cry 4. I have this weird love for mountains, so the game setting is perfect for me. Also, Pagan Min is such a colorful character, even though he is rarely seen in game.

MOBO: MSI Z97A Gaming 7 || CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz, 1.25V || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 3.5GB @ +200MHz Core/+500MHz Memory, +50mV

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || HDD: 2x HGST 1TB || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2

Far Cry 3: No mountains

Far Cry 4: Mountains

Everything is better with mountains.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Far Cry 3: No mountains

Far Cry 4: Mountains

Everything is better with mountains.

The Himalaya parts we're amazing. Such a fun game.

Playing Far Cry 3, haven't played 4 yet, looks quite beautiful

But I guess it has improved on all fronts I guess

Finally got PS4 Pro

Far Cry 3 had a better story and smoother performance. Far Cry 4 has a very slightly better gameplay. I just wish FC4 also made the Himalayas Mountains more part of the open world.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

I just there was something (anything) resembling a story in far cry 4. Like, the ending was *spoilers* just the rest of the cutscene at the beginning. *endspoilers*
The gameplay was a lot more fleshed out in 4, and quite a bit harder, I just wish we would have had an even better story than the (IMO) amazing one we got in 3. But instead Ubi decided to fire all the writers that worked on 3 and make them work in their graphics division, sigh...

i7-4770k @3.5GHz | 2 EVGA gtx 780 SC ACX in SLI | AsRock Xtreme4 z87 | Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | Corsiar HX-850 | NZXT Phantom 410 |                                                                                                                                                   CoolerMaster Siedon 120XL AIO Water Cooler | X-Star 1440p 27"

The gameplay in FarCr4 is funnier imo. Especially because of the multiplayer. Just play with a mate (without any lag in my case), get that helicopter, and you'll see.

Long time I didn't laugh that much in a coop game.

Otherwise the solo part itself remains quite entertaining and good. Less surprising than  FarCry 3.

Shangri La levels are mind blowing, the artistic work is fantastic.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

they're very similar games... 4 has a couple new features... the xp/upgrade points system is a little different...  I think side missions are better implemented with 4 also...

4 is nothing revolutionary over 3, but overall I'd say its better gameplay.  

I'd say the story on 3 is a little better though.  but then again, I'm not all that far into the main mission on 4 yet.  it seams like the main character has more motivation to be doing what he's doing right from the beginning in 3.  4 kinda seams like, "hey, bad guys, lets kill them".  So if the story is very important to you, you might enjoy 3 more...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

they're very similar games... 4 has a couple new features... the xp/upgrade points system is a little different...  I think side missions are better implemented with 4 also...

4 is nothing revolutionary over 3, but overall I'd say its better gameplay.  

I'd say the story on 3 is a little better though.  but then again, I'm not all that far into the main mission on 4 yet.  it seams like the main character has more motivation to be doing what he's doing right from the beginning in 3.  4 kinda seams like, "hey, bad guys, lets kill them".  So if the story is very important to you, you might enjoy 3 more...

I actually bought Far Cry 3 on release day, but the second I realized I had to run the game through Steam THEN through Uplay, I let it rot in my Steam library. Will give it a go after I finish Far Cry 4 though. People say it's a great game.

MOBO: MSI Z97A Gaming 7 || CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz, 1.25V || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 3.5GB @ +200MHz Core/+500MHz Memory, +50mV

I actually bought Far Cry 3 on release day, but the second I realized I had to run the game through Steam THEN through Uplay, I let it rot in my Steam library. Will give it a go after I finish Far Cry 4 though. People say it's a great game.

I'm just gonna say this, the antagonist carries the story

FC4 also has to run through steam and uplay... along with every other ubisoft game you buy on steam... why did FC4 get a pass but not FC3?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

FC3 - MAXED OUT

FC4 - EVERYTHING LOW cause I want that 60fps.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

FC4 also has to run through steam and uplay... along with every other ubisoft game you buy on steam... why did FC4 get a pass but not FC3?

I bought Far Cry 4 through Uplay, instead of Steam. I don't really have anything against Uplay.