Upgraded Motherboard and Processor, No display :(

Hello!

As the title says, I have upgraded my gaming rig, from Core 2 Duo E8400 to an i5 2500k.

So I went out, and bought a used motherboard (ECS P67H2-A3) and a used processor (Core i5 2500k). I put all the parts together, but the system was giving no display at all. No beeps. NOTHING. Just the fans spinning.

So I thought that my motherboard is faulty, so I sold the ECS P67H2-A3, and bought brand new, Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2. Now I put all the parts together again, but still the same error. I went to a shop. I checked my RAMs, Power Supply Unit, Graphics Card (tried the iGPU still the same problem), everything was working flawlessly. And the motherboard seems to be working too, as it is new. Now the goddamn shopkeeper had no 2nd Gen/3rd Gen compatible motherboards or processors. So to check the processor, he put his hand on the processor to check if it was getting hot, and fortunately it was heating up. But then what's the problem. Why no display? My monitor is also working. (checked it by connecting to another PC).

Specs:

Intel Core i5 2500k w/ Stock HSF

Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 REV 5.0

Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB GDDR5

Kingston ValueSelect 8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (4x2GB Module Config)

2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDDs

Antec BP-550 550W 80+ PLUS Power Supply Unit

No display. I tried the following:

Cleared CMOS

Cleared CMOS thorugh Jumper

Tried onboard GPU

Tried reseating every component

Made sure that everything was connected properly

Started Computer with less hardware as possible (No HDDs, 1 RAM, CPU and motherboard using iGPU)

Checked the motherboard's socket pins, they were not bent.

Tried the computer outside the case

NO DISPLAY STILL. :(

Any solutions guys? I'll be very thankful! :)

~Thanks in anticipation.

did you connect ALL the required power connectors?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Yes. Everything is connected properly. Is my CPU dead?

do your fans spin? and any mobo LEDs? its possible there is a scratched pad or something as well

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Fans Spinning. No display. No beeps. If you just look at the mobo, it seems that it is working fine. But when you see the monitor, no display. Means it doesn't post. And Gigabyte H61M-DS2 have no LEDs. It just turns on :3

Fans Spinning. No display. No beeps. If you just look at the mobo, it seems that it is working fine. But when you see the monitor, no display. Means it doesn't post. And Gigabyte H61M-DS2 have no LEDs. It just turns on :3

this is typical for not having all the power connectors in... but ive never seen a dead intel cpu do something like that, so it could also be that...

Well I think there's a huge chance that CPUs survive. Pentium 4s, Core 2 Duos are still all over the market.. Processors don't die that easy.. But if it isn't my processor, then what is it? My motherboard? I think 2 motherboards can't be faulty. I've tried this processor on 2 motherboards, the ECS P67H2-A3 and the Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2.

Well I think there's a huge chance that CPUs survive. Pentium 4s, Core 2 Duos are still all over the market.. Processors don't die that easy.. But if it isn't my processor, then what is it? My motherboard? I think 2 motherboards can't be faulty. I've tried this processor on 2 motherboards, the ECS P67H2-A3 and the Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2.

its possible its the mobo, because as youve said, unless its been seriously overvolted, or phisically damaged, the cpu should be ok. have you tried with different ram sticks?

No. Although I do tried my current RAMs on another computer, both sticks were working correctly. That test computer was able to recognize all 8GB.

No. Although I do tried my current RAMs on another computer, both sticks were working correctly. That test computer was able to recognize all 8GB.

Can you possibly try the third motherboard. If that one is dead, then there is bad news for you...

Also it helps if you quote me.

Can you possibly try the third motherboard. If that one is dead, then there is bad news for you...

Also it helps if you quote me.

Well I handed the processor over to the shopkeeper. He will arrange a 2nd Gen compatible motherboard and test the processor on it. Or he will test another 2nd Gen processor on my H61M-DS2, this will clear which thing is faulty. Now all I gotta do now is pray, it'll be a huge trouble for me if the processor is dead. Returning it all the way to where I bought it will be a pain in the ass. :|

It could have been that the system was defaulting to the onboard graphics.  Should have tried the onboard video first. 

Well hopefully he lets you know that everything is not DOA.

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

As I mentioned, I have tried onboard graphics, same error. :(

It could have been that the system was defaulting to the onboard graphics.  Should have tried the onboard video first. 

Well hopefully he lets you know that everything is not DOA.