Fiio E10K vs Audioengin d1 ?

nukem

i just bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm headphones, and i wanted to get a dac/amp , im also currently running a pair of Audioengin 5+ 's, and was wondering which dac/amp combo i would be better off getting? im also open to any other suggestions, my budget would probly be around $200 aud

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

I'm not sure how much are these, but you can also try Objective2+ODAC or the iFi iNano DSD. But the D1 should be okay.

I like PC, but I like Music as well.

If you're only running them off the the motherboard in your siggy, you should get nothing unless you notice actual problems with your audio such as excessive noise, static, clicks, or pops. That said, the Fiio is probably the better value of the two. Certinaly enough joice to drive those headphones.

The E10k is better value, but man is that volume knob fiddly.  Not sure if the D1 would be worth 60 dollars more just for a better knob though.  IMO you don't need a DAC, but the best option, an O2 standalone with RCA (for the lineout) is already more expensive than the E10K.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

i just bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm headphones, and i wanted to get a dac/amp , im also currently running a pair of Audioengin 5+ 's, and was wondering which dac/amp combo i would be better off getting? im also open to any other suggestions, my budget would probly be around $200 aud

I recommend Audio engine D1 between the two of them.But i prefer schiit modi+smsl SapII amplifier over the audioengine D1 because D1 is usb power the headphone amplifier has limited power better to get a stand alone DAC and headphone amplifier with powersupply to get best performance from DT 990.By the way if you have never heard of smsl they get good reviews from budget audiophiles.Check out this forum for more information

http://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/15wunp/guide_dacs_and_amps/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Zeos/comments/2dk7la/guide_dacs_headphone_amps/