Is a Corsair H60 worth it, and are refurbished AIOs worth it?

Getting close to finalizing my first build and on a budget, I'm looking at this, the H60 for $36 refurbished. I was going to get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, same price point, but was worried about clearance issues with the case. I would rather get a AIO water cooler for better temps, but am also still looking around for different cases that the 212 EVO might even fit in, and still might go back to if it would perform better and would fit (haven't found too many bench marks on them yet).

But, my questions are is the H60 even worth it to begin with (though for the price I'm sure it'd be hard to not get), and is it ever a safe bet to get a refurbished AIO liquid cooling unit in the first place since that seems something that should be bought new (even with a warranty).

(Either one I'd get would have an Noctua NF-F12 on it.)

Wouldn't really touch a refurb aio also it wont be better than a 212 maybe the same if not worse. i have a h80 and hate it lol have you considered the new cryorig h7? looks pretty good.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/271363-cryorig-are-back-again-with-the-brand-new-to-be-launched-h7-cpu-cooler-for-the-mainstream-market-which-means-that-the-hyper-212-dies-again-finally/

What case will you be using?

At this moment the case is a NZXT Source 210 Elite which I have heard that case specifically has clearance issues with the 212, though I might move into a NZXT Phantom 240, though I'm still just looking.

I think 120 aio's are generally kinda pointless. There are so many reasonably priced tower coolers that dont have the limited lifespan of aio's (3ish years i think) and added noise of a pump... 

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I wouldn't get a refurb AiO; if it has a warranty sure they will replace it, but if it leaks on your other components then you're out of luck

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I bought a refurbished h60 and would do it again in a second for almost any build with a window. It looks so much nicer than a 212 evo and actually comparable price/performance. Even though its refurbished it works like new.

I bought a h60  It looks so much nicer than a 212 evo

Looks/likes are so subjective . I (for one) actually prefer the looks of a large and chunky air cooler rather than an  AIO.

I (looks aside) would run away very quickly from anything with the words 'limited lifespan', 'liquid' and 'refurbished' in the description

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Refurb AIO's have in my in experience always been pretty sketch.  I did it once and got a "leaker" from in the package and a buddy had the same thing happen.  Opened it up to a wonderful surprise of soggy packing peanuts and liquid everywhere.

Hmm, well I'm getting a general consensus that the refurbished one isn't a good buy in and of itself so I think I shall start to look elsewhere for cooling. I'll keep the 212 EVO as the cooler for the time being unless I can find something else. Though I would like just an AIO water cooler I'll keep looking at heatsinks until I can find one for my general price range of either one.

At this moment the case is a NZXT Source 210 Elite which I have heard that case specifically has clearance issues with the 212, though I might move into a NZXT Phantom 240, though I'm still just looking.

The 212 Evo fits just fine in the Source 210--the clearance is just near non-existent. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.