Superlux HD668B Dynamic vs Sennheiser HD 429 vs Superlux HD-681 EVO

Sean3789

Hi fellow brothers, so I'm looking for a new headphone, I came across Tek Syndicates video on headphones under $50  and I liked what they showed I just don't know which one to get. Obviously my budget is ~$50 and would like peoples advice that have owned or own these. Will be used for gaming, music, streaming, etc. Games like BF4, LoL, CS:GO and other random stuff. I also came across the Superlux HD-681 EVO which also looks good for what they offer. I've heard that open headphones are better for gaming so I figured I would go with those over closed. Thanks in advance 

Rating:

Comfort:

Sound:

Durability:

Overall:

681 EVO if you need to get them at a regular retailer.

If you want to go Sennheiser, get a 439 off eBay. "Manufacturer Refurbished" sell for a good discount, and are basically new products.

snip

I personally own the Superlux HD668Bs and they are insanely good for their price.  I got mine for only $30 shipped through Massdrop, but $45 is still a very fair price for them.  You can read my full review where I share my opinions and link some other reviews.  I've been using them for 8 months now, and I love them.  I recently decided to purchase some Velour Earpads for them on eBay for only $15.  They are entirely optional, and I find the stock ear pads comfortable even during extended use, actually wearing them right now.  They haven't arrived yet, so when they do I will add in my opinion.  All in all, I am very pleased with the Superlux's, and so are a lot of people.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I too have the HD668Bs and they are great. They are comfortable, but their headrest is a bit cheap (two things of wire) and gets lose over time and since it is not adjustable, it gets a  tad annoying when loose. 

But it does include 2 different lengths of wire and you can buy your own fancy braided cable if you wish.

Sound wise, it is great, very clear and the most flat sounding headphones I have ever used although I prefer my older one with more bass.

So, sound and comfort is good, durability is a bit questionable.