i7-4790k stock temps

I'm getting about 28-33°C idle 95°C during Intel burn test and up to 70°C while playing games on my 4790k is that normal with stock cooler?

is xmp enabled?

what is your room temp?

are you on manual or adaptive voltage?

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

95° is definitely high, but since Burn Test an artificial tool that's sole purpose is to create an excessive amount of heat, it's OK.

70° in a game is good enough.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

No

Adaptive

My motherboard fed 1.35V to the CPU with adaptive on at stock speeds. I would manually set the voltage.

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

My motherboard fed 1.35V to the CPU with adaptive on at stock speeds. I would manually set the voltage.

After BIOS update is 1.248 max

I think 1.248 is too high anyway, should I try to undervolt it?

I think 1.248 is too high anyway, should I try to undervolt it?

You can try undervolting, start in low increments first (like -50mV and go down from there). Remember to make sure you've got high current limits and high power draw limits too. Hopefully you'll get it working well. Also, use some good paste; what do you have on it currently?

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

No

Adaptive

if you use anything else than intel extreme tuning utility for stress testing MAKE SURE YOUR VOLTAGES ARE SET TO MANUAL for the stress testing otherwise you might harm your chip as many of these softwares will apply additional unwanted volts to your CPU and will overheat and cook it.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR