Has anyone wired ethernet cable(s) through a multiple story house?

Whorax

Question is in title. If so, how did you do it? I'm wanting to run a Cat6 cable from the first floor to my second floor bedroom. I'm not a wiring expert by any means. Would trying to route a cable through a vent work? I'm thinking I could run a cable from my modem/router room to the basement, then up a vent that goes to my room, and then wallah... It seems to be the only way I could do it that I can think of.

Thanks.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Question is in title. If so, how did you do it? I'm wanting to run a Cat6 cable from the first floor to my second floor bedroom. I'm not a wiring expert by any means. Would trying to route a cable through a vent work? I'm thinking I could run a cable from my modem/router room to the basement, then up a vent that goes to my room, and then wallah... It seems to be the only way I could do it that I can think of.

Thanks.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=2244&model=TL-WPA4226T+KIT

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

doing my house was a massive pain in the ass it depends on how ur house was built

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

Isn't that essentially wireless still though?

I've used cables through vents in a 8 story building, you should be fine.

Okay, cool. Does that mean the cables should be fine through the heating/cooling through the vents?

Привет товарищ ))))

Okay, cool. Does that mean the cables should be fine through the heating/cooling through the vents?

Its not wireless, it uses the electrical lines in your home to transfer data between two or more of the adapter thingys.

Yes you can run the cables through vents.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

no its wired

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Its not wireless, it uses the electrical lines in your home to transfer data between two or more of the adapter thingys.

Yes you can run the cables through vents.

no its wired

Interesting. Does that mean either of you guys happen to use this then?

Привет товарищ ))))

i am and they are absolutely perfect

I don't but I did consider using it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

from the other thread, the weather does not affect the cord in any way that i have noticed.

from the other thread, the weather does not affect the cord in any way that i have noticed.

Okay, cool. Maybe I'll try that if I can't find another way. Thanks!

Привет товарищ ))))