creative`s premium 2.0 or cheap 5.1

tourenious

i need an advice guys!

its christmass and im planing to update my audio system but i cant decide. creative gigaworks t20 or inspire t6300. i dont think i can take the real benefit of the surroud but i realy like the idea of 5 speakers. i play mmorpg and rpg games and listen to music. help :)

5.1 sucks most of the time

my question may be verry stupid buy do music take amy benefit of the 5.1

my question may be verry stupid buy do music take amy benefit of the 5.1

Sometime it does, but it have to be multi-channels from the source, as opposed to doing the upmixing of 2 channels to 5 channels by music player on pc. 

In other words, find sources that got 'DTS', '5.1', etc label on them. An example would be those 'home theater test CD', or something like that. Because it's upmixed professionally, the channel separations are quite good, i.e. instrument A comes from the front, instrument B comes from the back, vocal from the front and center, something like that. I have 1 Tiesto album 5.1 from one of his performance. The music comes out of the surrounding, but the clapping and cheering of the raver only comes from the back, giving the illusion of being right there yourself. Quite unique....

As you can guess, playing 2 channels audio and upmixing it by PC software won't give that kind of experience. The best upmixing software I've found is the channel mixer plugin of foobar. It's quite good, but needs a lot of initial tweaking. And like I said, nothing compared to the professional upmixed version.