Do you use Scala? (Programming Language)

I'm just wondering who here knows about scala? and maybe thoughts about it?

no. just a java alternative. staying with c, c#, c++, java, etc. since its based of a jvm, it is less efficient compared to java/c.

Its pointless, just a java interop aka still java.

examples:

Java

class HelloWorldApp {    public static void main(String[] args) {        System.out.println("Hello World!"); // Display the string.    }}

Scala

object HelloWorld {  def main(args: Array[String]) {    println("Hello, world!")  }}

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

no. just a java alternative. staying with c, c#, c++, java, etc. since its based of a jvm, it is less efficient compared to java/c.

Its pointless, just a java interop aka still java.

It's functional capabilities are far superior to Java's, and the more complex the function, it tends to be more readable and easier to program than Java.

Learn as much as you can about every programming language you can. I don't think if I've ever had a commercial project in Scala, but there is definitely a demand, and knowledge is powerful.

It's functional capabilities are far superior to Java's, and the more complex the function, it tends to be more readable and easier to program than Java.

Learn as much as you can about every programming language you can. I don't think if I've ever had a commercial project in Scala, but there is definitely a demand, and knowledge is powerful.

But as readability increases, efficiency decreases.

Plus Java 8 is just as functional as scala.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

I'm not familiar with Scala or any functional language yet, but I've looked into it enough to determine that it's worth learning some functional programming. If Scala interests you, then go for it. Even if you decide to never use it, you'll improve overall as a programmer because you'll be able to better use functional concepts in OOP languages like Java.

I'll be picking up F# soon since I'm mainly working with .NET these days.

I'm aware Scala and F# are technically multi paradigm languages but they have strong functional programming components.

Scala is a really handy language for doing scalable distributed systems (the name scala derives from "scalable language").

It comes with tons of immutable data structures for concurrency and actor systems like akka.

If you want to do any of DDD, CQRS, Microservices, etc. Scala might be a good option.

Downsides to Scala is that you have to learn a lot and that it compiles slowly. But the learning is very rewarding and helps you hone your programming skills even in other languages.

Wew never thought this forum is this active. Thanks for your feedbacks. I'm currently using it for a commercial project.