MSI gaming 7 vs Mpower

I wanted to get a new mobo and I was going to use it for autocad, 3D Max, casual working, and a little of gaming not intensive like everyday, maybe like 2wice every two weeks and stuff so I did my research and I want to decide between the Z97-MPOWER(not max AC) and Z97-Gaming 7, are there any differences in overclocking can get on 3Ds max studio and be on full load. Which is better?

Thanks help is appreciated

The Mpower Max is designed for OCing to the max, and the Gaming 7 is just for normal motherboard.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I wanted to get a new mobo and I was going to use it for autocad, 3D Max, casual working, and a little of gaming not intensive like everyday, maybe like 2wice every two weeks and stuff so I did my research and I want to decide between the Z97-MPOWER(not max AC) and Z97-Gaming 7, are there any differences in overclocking can get on 3Ds max studio and be on full load. Which is better?

Thanks help is appreciated

you wont likey to be using all the features on the MPower

go for the Gaming 7

the gaming 7 has dual BIOS when things go wrong

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I think the gaming 7 has better headphone amplifiers, but I would go with the MPower, because it hasn´t the annoying killer lan chip.

The MPower has a intel lan chip. And I think a better phase design, the graphicscard can also be delivered with more power trough the pcie bridge with a additional 6 pin power connector, used for overclocking graphicscards/ sli.

you wont likey to be using all the features on the MPower

go for the Gaming 7

the gaming 7 has dual BIOS when things go wrong

What "extra features" does the mpower have and remember its not max ac so no wifi or bluetooth. How do I get a wifi connection from my room? If it requires a spending of more than 50$ I might as well just get the mpower max ac

What "extra features" does the mpower have and remember its not max ac so no wifi or bluetooth. How do I get a wifi connection from my room? If it requires a spending of more than 50$ I might as well just get the mpower max ac

well its your call

but MPower is designed for LN2 cooling and for world records

if you need Wifi cards you can pick the Intel AC 7260 PCI-E desktop edition card

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

What "extra features" does the mpower have and remember its not max ac so no wifi or bluetooth. How do I get a wifi connection from my room?

Better overclocking, different mainboard design, Intel Lan chip (killer chip software has some issues with blue screens, audio distortion etc.), Checkpoints for reading voltages out with your multimeter (if I remember right) mpower has 2 more z97 chipset usb ports and one asmedia chipset for usb while the gaming has z97 and two asmedia chipsets (same amount of usb ports)

6Pin connector on the mainboard for extra powerdelivery trough the pcie slot for overclocking graphicscards or running them in sli for a more stable connection.

The main reason to get the mpower, is just the Intel lan chipset, the killer one is a pain in the btt.

well its your call

but MPower is designed for LN2 cooling and for world records

if you need Wifi cards you can pick the Intel AC 7260 PCI-E desktop edition card

Well which is the best overclocker and can handle graphic designing and stuff

Well which is the best overclocker and can handle graphic designing and stuff

like vlkn' says

the MPower

but I would go with the MPower, because it hasn´t the annoying killer lan chip.

The MPower has a intel lan chip.

this :P

this :P

had absolutely ZERO issues with my killer lan so far...and the software that comes with it allow me to play battlefield 4 while downloading games or ''movies'' without any lag or high ping...through software priorizing and i don't think the intel can do that...that's why they've opted for the killer lan chip for the gaming motherboard.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

had absolutely ZERO issues with my killer lan so far...and the software that comes with it allow me to play battlefield 4 while downloading games or ''movies'' without any lag or high ping...through software priorizing and i don't think the intel can do that...that's why they've opted for the killer lan chip for the gaming motherboard.

I am happy your killer chip works perfect.

But some users are experiencing many problems: 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/262866-audio-distortion-again/page-4 read also page 5

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=178063.msg1292928#msg1292928

etc...

I am happy your killer chip works perfect.

Capture.png

back to original thread i still think the Mpower is a vastly better motherboard but it should cost a lot more as well...if they are both around the same price then by all means

pick the MPower board...but in any case i would suggest to just save some more money and go with the Gaming 5 as it has pretty much all the required features the of gaming 7 but just cheaper.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Capture.png

back to original thread i still think the Mpower is a vastly better motherboard but it should cost a lot more as well...if they are both around the same price then by all means

pick the MPower board...but in any case i would suggest to just save some more money and go with the Gaming 5 as it has pretty much all the required features the of gaming 7 but just cheaper.

the mpower costs 5euro less than the gaming 7, in germany.

the mpower costs 5euro less than the gaming 7, in germany.

in that case i would go with the Mpower, defenetly.

this is pretty much as good as it gets for Z97 haswell.

Those motherboards are way overkill.

go with the mpower max ac if you can afford it, the wifi signal is VERY VERY VERY fantastic! You won´t be needing the included antennas, the signal is that good.  #notafanboy #actually #iam #a #fanboy #:( #msi #ftw