T-Mobile wins fight against AT&T and Verizon over data roaming charges

Ryou-kun

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/12/t-mobile-wins-fight-against-att-and-verizon-over-data-roaming-charges/

"T-Mobile US has won a declaratory ruling that could force AT&T and Verizon Wireless to charge lower prices for data roaming."

"The FCC granted T-Mobile’s request today, rejecting arguments made by AT&T and Verizon."

"We asked T-Mobile if it intends to challenge the rates it pays AT&T and Verizon. The company declined to comment on that question, but said that "Consumers deserve affordable access to mobile broadband from their carrier of choice no matter whether they’re at home or on the road. We commend the FCC for taking this important step to promote competition by facilitating reasonable data roaming rates for all carriers and their customers.”"

Well, you guys get it.

It is too hilarious to see them crying about it. xD

T-Mobile FTW!

GG.... 

John Legere is raping these greedy bastards

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Second I start paying for my own data, I'll be switching to T-mobile.

4g lte
Unlimited data
Roll overs

Makes me wonder what Att is doing charging users 15$ per gb of overage.

“The US wireless market is the envy of the world"

Damn, that's some funny shit Verizon.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Isn't this the opposite of what T-Mobile wants?

If Verizon and AT&T are forced to charge lower rates wouldn't that make T-Mobile's less appealing in comparison?

If Verizon and AT&T are forced to charge lower rates wouldn't that make T-Mobile's less appealing in comparison?

T-Mobile wants for the best for their customer.

If Verizon and AT&T are forced to lower their rates, it will allow us to pay less for their overpriced data roaming.

Sure, T-Mobile won't stand out as much, but I think a lot of people will know it was T-Mobile who made it happen.

Beside, you know T-Mobile makes a lot of great deals for their plans and asking Verizon and AT&T to match them would only hurt them (Verizon and AT&T) because T-Mobile would keep lowering it. :P

That is what I think, but I can't be a hundred percent sure though. :P

If only T-Mobile had a better infrastructure.  I would definitely switch if I could get a signal... Anywhere.

Good for T-mobile. Everyone would be way better off if prices for plans keep going lower.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

No, this is about domestic roaming. T-Mobile is trying to lower domestic data roaming rates so  they can afford to offer more domestic roaming data, Besides that, even if it were about international roaming Verizon and AT&T can't undercut free.

Second I start paying for my own data, I'll be switching to T-mobile.

4g lte

Unlimited data

Roll overs

Makes me wonder what Att is doing charging users 15$ per gb of overage.

the second my att bill was $800, i switched to t mobile the next day. and i didnt even use over 300 megs. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

the second my att bill was $800, i switched to t mobile the next day. and i didnt even use over 300 megs. 

uhhhhh how

uhhhhh how

so for half of it i still dont understand the bill. we used to be on t-mobiles old plan, switched to att for 1.5 years when the galaxy s3 came out. my aunt was used to picking up incoming international calls since tmo. didnt charge you for incoming calls. turns out ATT did and my aunt got calls every single day from her mom. we got a huge ass bill called atnt about why this happened (why it was so expensive and not how it happened). they gave some janky explanation of charges and what not and said that she made a couple hundred bucks worth of international calls. so the next day i told my uncle to switch to tmobile when uncarrier 4.0 released. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

so for half of it i still dont understand the bill. we used to be on t-mobiles old plan, switched to att for 1.5 years when the galaxy s3 came out. my aunt was used to picking up incoming international calls since tmo. didnt charge you for incoming calls. turns out ATT did and my aunt got calls every single day from her mom. we got a huge ass bill called atnt about why this happened (why it was so expensive and not how it happened). they gave some janky explanation of charges and what not and said that she made a couple hundred bucks worth of international calls. so the next day i told my uncle to switch to tmobile when uncarrier 4.0 released. 

Ah. Now it makes sense. Those add up fast.