A Guide to Buying the Right Mouse

Yeah. Sucks. 

I know, I've got Type 1. Had it since I was 10 months.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

That looks uncomfortable AF xD

get yourself a nice mouse man!

I think my mother may have got me one, as she told me not to buy one xD

I know, I've got Type 1. Had it since I was 10 months.

Fack. I got diagnosed a few weeks ago.

I think my mother may have got me one, as she told me not to buy one xD

Ah. I've had some pretty crappy mice from my parents so now I tell them not to buy me such things unless I can make it really specific. The HP mouse my dad got me (here) lasted about 4 months.... utter POS 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Ah. I've had some pretty crappy mice from my parents so now I tell them not to buy me such things unless I can make it really specific. The HP mouse my dad got me (here) lasted about 4 months.... utter POS 

You'll get used to it, after a while. You'll have a burnout period at some point. Where you don't want to deal with it anymore. Be careful of that. I had mine at 13 and am still kinda going through it.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I told her to get me a g700 she asked :) and my father got me a k70 (Blue Switches)

You'll get used to it, after a while. You'll have a burnout period at some point. Where you don't want to deal with it anymore. Be careful of that. I had mine at 13 and am still kinda going through it.

Ya know, we started with mice and got to diabetes xD

But I'll be sure to look out for it man.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Ya know, we started with mice and got to diabetes xD

But I'll be sure to look out for it man.

Sorry 'bout that. I'll go and stop derailing conversations xD. If you have any questions about diabetes though, feel free to ask. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Sorry 'bout that. I'll go and stop derailing conversations xD. If you have any questions about diabetes though, feel free to ask. 

Haha thanks. 

Actually, what's a good mid-day snack food to eat at school that's fast to pack?

Haha thanks. 

Actually, what's a good mid-day snack food to eat at school that's fast to pack?

I'll PM you  :)

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

@djdwosk97 informed me of the Darkfield sensor in Logitech mice. So if you have a Logitech mouse with that sensor (laser) you can use it on glass.

Has been edited in.

I added Polling rate to the original post. It's hardly important but it's a factor when buying mice... I suppose.

ya I lift I have a friend who can squat 345lbs 3 times

Impressive. 

PC Owner with questions (can't tag because spaces) suggested adding Linus video about mouse DPI to the DPI part. Did so.

Good post, I uso both positions and the razer deathadder 2013 goes perfectly with me, Maybe I buy a razer naga mmo 2012/2014

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

Good post, I uso both positions and the razer deathadder 2013 goes perfectly with me, Maybe I buy a razer naga mmo 2012/2014

If getting an MMO mouse go for the Logitech G600 or Corsair M95. Can't recommend anything Razer with their build quality as of late.

i would say pic of a palm grip is a claw grip. palm grip has lower part of fingers touch mouse. That grip shows the lower part of the finger isn't, but the tip is touching, thats a claw grip. You don't need massive sharp edges to be a claw.

also, the description of laser is incorrect. laser isn't higher end. Even with Razer, the Deathadder is clearly the FPS mouse from Razer. It does not use a laser sensor. Razer puts laser sensors in their mmo mice, with a massive number of buttons, not their FPS mouse. Modern Laser sensors perform inferiorly to modern optical sensors. Lasers are implemented in mice where tracking performance isn't important.

i would say pic of a palm grip is a claw grip. palm grip has lower part of fingers touch mouse. That grip shows the lower part of the finger isn't, but the tip is touching, thats a claw grip. You don't need massive sharp edges to be a claw.

also, the description of laser is incorrect. laser isn't higher end.

Not sure I understand your statement. The whole basis of a palm grip is that your palm sits on the mouse. The way your fingers is held is based on size of your hand and comfort for your fingers. 

Also, even with my small hands, my M500 is too small to demonstrate a full-on palm grip as the tips of my fingers are touching the mousepad xD

Not sure I understand your statement. The whole basis of a palm grip is that your palm sits on the mouse. The way your fingers is held is based on size of your hand and comfort for your fingers. 

Also, even with my small hands, my M500 is too small to demonstrate a full-on palm grip as the tips of my fingers are touching the mousepad xD

both claw grip and palm grips have the palm in contact with the mouse. The difference between the two is the palm grip has the lower part of your fingers in contact with your mouse and depending on how the mouse fits in the player's hand possibly also the finger tips in contact with the mouse. While a claw grip has the lower part of your fingers off the mouse with just the tips and the palm in contact with the mouse. http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice has a picture in the middle showing what parts contact the mouse. In the palm grip it has the entire fingers in contact.

might of misread the laser section a little. But umm, optical's lights aren't always visible, often they use infrared.

both claw grip and palm grips have the palm in contact with the mouse. The difference between the two is the palm grip has the lower part of your fingers in contact with your mouse sometimes in addition to the tips depending on how the mouse fits with your hand while a claw grip has the lower part of your fingers off the mouse with just the tips in contact with the mouse. http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice has a picture in the middle showing what parts contact the mouse. In the palm grip it has the entire fingers in contact.

also, the description of laser is incorrect. laser isn't higher end. Even with Razer, the Deathadder is clearly the FPS mouse from Razer. It does not use a laser sensor. Razer puts laser sensors in their mmo mice, with a massive number of buttons, not their FPS mouse. Modern Laser sensors perform inferiorly to modern optical sensors. Lasers are implemented in mice where tracking performance isn't important.

My palm grip literally matches what is described in that chart. My palm and most of the ends of my fingers are on the mouse. My claw is also the same with a bit of my palm on there and tips of the fingers making contact.

And Razer does not use high-end everything. Sorry. I generally avoid recommending their products as the price you pay for pretty cheap components (for the most part) is quite disappointing. Most high-end mice do use laser sensors. Logitech G700/G500, Corsair M95/M65, Roccat Kone, etc. Some mice (G502) use optical sensors, but they use very, very high-end optical sensors. Most lower tier mice use optical sensors. Laser mice as they are seem to be the trend that most companies are going for. Laser mice are newer and as is with technology, the newer way usually beats the older. Laser mice also tend to use the XTREME DPI-ness that can be useful on large monitor setups.

And honestly, the difference between the two when using them is negligible. If you get a G502 and compare it to an M65 you won't feel a tracking difference.

EDIT: Also the Deathadder is a rebranded Microsoft Intellimouse which has been optical for years. It's probably cheap as hell for Razer to manufacture. 

My palm grip literally matches what is described in that chart. My palm and most of the ends of my fingers are on the mouse. My claw is also the same with a bit of my palm on there and tips of the fingers making contact.

And Razer does not use high-end everything. Sorry. I generally avoid recommending their products as the price you pay for pretty cheap components (for the most part) is quite disappointing. Most high-end mice do use laser sensors. Logitech G700/G500, Corsair M95/M65, Roccat Kone, etc. Some mice (G502) use optical sensors, but they use very, very high-end optical sensors. Most lower tier mice use optical sensors. Laser mice as they are seem to be the trend that most companies are going for. Laser mice are newer and as is with technology, the newer way usually beats the older. Laser mice also tend to use the XTREME DPI-ness that can be useful on large monitor setups.

And honestly, the difference between the two when using them is negligible. If you get a G502 and compare it to an M65 you won't feel a tracking difference. 

the picture of palm clearly shows space between the lower finger and the mouse, it isn't like the razer pic.

first, technically laser mice are optical mice. what people generally refer to as optical mice are LED mice. its LED vs Laser with both being optical.

i am not saying Razer products are good. Its just Razer has a mix of LED/optical and laser. The last 5 gaming mice Logitech has released have been LED/optical, g302, g402, g502, g602, and g100s. LED/Optical is just flat out better. The g700/G500 are laser because they're old models before optical technology had improved. Its possible in a year or two from now the best sensors will be laser, but right now, the best sensors are LED/optical.

your concept of high end is flawed. name a cs go pro that uses a mouse with a laser sensor. The best performing mice are LED aka, optical. CS Pros aren't using a deathadder or a g100s because they're cheap, they're using them because the best sensors their sponsors have in their mice are LED.

i am not saying Razer products are good. Its just Razer has a mix of optical and laser. The last 5 gaming mice Logitech has released have been LED/optical, g302, g402, g502, g602, and g100s. LED/Optical is just flat out better. The g700/G500 are laser because they're old models before optical technology had improved. Its possible in a year or two from now the best sensors will be laser, but right now, the best sensors are LED/optical.

your concept of high end is flawed. name a cs go pro that uses a mouse with a laser sensor. The best performing mice are LED aka, optical. CS Pros aren't using a deathadder or a g100s because they're cheap, they're using them because the best sensors their sponsors have in their mice are optical mice.

They use one monitor in CS:GO tournaments. They aren't going to see any difference whatsoever on a small screen real-estate area. Many pro gamers also use sponsored products (CS:GO tournaments have a lot of Razer sponsoring) and will just use what's given to them. 

See all of the sponsorship stuff going on there? They're often told by the sponsors to say to the camera "Yes, Razer peripherals good for gaming with good sensor and good mouse" etc. They don't necessarily prefer that type of mouse nor do they even know the difference. Some may prefer optical mouse as that's just what suits them. But there really isn't any major difference in gaming that most any consumer will notice. 

And oftentimes, people will buy a Deathadder or G100s because it fits their hands quite nicely, not because it's got a specific sensor. You may prefer optical sensors. Optical sensors have been around for more than 20 years longer than laser mice and there is a point where the newer technology beats the older.

And most high-end mice do use laser sensors - at least from what I have from PCPartPicker here.

mousestuffs.png