Cheap mechanical keyboard?

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

I know, but what should I pay for a TKL KB?

Oh, hmm.

I say under $100 without backlighting. Backlighting adds cost and I say under $150 is a solid price for a backlit one. 

Hello,

My cheap membrane keyboard is on its way to death, and I was looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard. Tenkeyless preferred, and I like MX Blue and razer green switches.

Also I live in Vancouver Canada, and am okay with used keyboards, eBay, amazon, craigslist, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Do you want a full size keyboard or is a TKL(without a numberpad) keyboard okay? @WayneBest

Quote me to get a reply!

Do you want a full size keyboard or is a TKL(without a numberpad) keyboard okay?

TKL is preferred but either will work.

TKL is preferred but either will work.

A QuickFire Rapid from Cooler Master should be a great option. Maybe a QuickFire XT is also a good option for it current price.

Quote me to get a reply!

A QuickFire Rapid from Cooler Master should be a great option. Maybe a QuickFire XT is also a good option for it current price.

This right here is your best bet, or a Rosewill keyboard 

Watch me live on twitch every night! Click Here♥

WayneBest Please do not double post topics. One is sufficient. Also, please pay attention to the sections. Posting this question in Hot Deals is not correct.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

This right here is your best bet, or a Rosewill keyboard 

What about a Razer Blackwidow tournament, its $64, good price?

WayneBest Please do not double post topics. One is sufficient. Also, please pay attention to the sections. Posting this question in Hot Deals is not correct.

Sorry, I'm new.

Y did you repost the threa?

Sorry, I'm new I posted it in hot deals, wrong one...

Kailh switches and Razer build quality - ewwww.

Get the Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid and call it done.

Also, don't forget to follow your own topic :D

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Is it the newer model with the "Razer" switches or one of the older ones? If it is the one with Cherry MX Blues, it is probably not a bad choice for the price.

Quote me to get a reply!

Kailh switches and Razer build quality - ewwww.

Get the Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid and call it done.

Also, don't forget to follow your own topic :D

Well, Its $15 more, you sure its worth it? I mean $80+ tax is a bit high for a keyboard. What's the difference between Razer green and MX Blue in terms of feel?

Is it the newer model with the "Razer" switches or one of the older ones? If it is the one with Cherry MX Blues, it is probably not a bad choice for the price.

New, what's the difference between Razer green and MX Blue in terms of feel?

New, what's the difference between Razer green and MX Blue in terms of feel?

The difference is that the Razer switches tend to be lower quality and also have a more a shallow keypress.

Quote me to get a reply!

Well, Its $15 more, you sure its worth it? I mean $80+ tax is a bit high for a keyboard. What's the difference between Razer green and MX Blue in terms of feel?

They feel roughly the same. It's just that Kailh switches are cheap and Cherry switches are made with care.

Razer's build quality is notoriously iffy and I tend to avoid recommending them for anything.

80+ for a mechanical keyboard is the norm BTW.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The difference is that the Razer switches tend to be lower quality and also have a more a shallow keypress.

Shallow? Are they bad? I heard they are the same as MX blue..

They feel roughly the same. It's just that Kailh switches are cheap and Cherry switches are made with care.

Razer's build quality is notoriously iffy and I tend to avoid recommending them for anything.

80+ for a mechanical keyboard is the norm BTW.

Ah, do you think boxing day is a worthwhile wait?

I love my CM Storm Trigger

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Yep.

I do.

Waiting is key, young padawan.

Ah, what do you think I should pay for a keyboard TKL?

Shallow? Are they bad? I heard they are the same as MX blue..

They are similar but not the same. They have a higher point of depression but it still should be fine. They aren't necessarily bad but then may not be the same quality of switch.

Quote me to get a reply!

Ah, what do you think I should pay for a keyboard TKL?

I don't like the numpad and if you don't use it then there's no point in getting a keyboard with one. It just makes it bigger and less comfy to use next to a mouse.

They are similar but not the same. They have a higher point of depression but it still should be fine. They aren't necessarily bad but then may not be the same quality of switch.

Well, they are rated for more key strokes, but sure, guess I'll wait for the Boxing day.

Thanks