So, I was wondering about a problem on my mechanical keyboard...

Chucksta

The other day, I was eating tomatoes and I had some of the juice squirt out and onto my mechanical keyboard, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown Switch.

I really do not know if it is placebo or not, but I feel like my "m" key is not as clicky and responsive when getting to the actuation point as the others. The keyboard did not input characters correctly at the very beginning of the incident, so I unplugged my keyboard right after and immediatly cleaned away the excess gunk around the keys. I kept my keyboard unplugged and I did not use it for at least 24 hours.

Do you think my key was changed slightly by its feel? Are there any ways I could fix the problem and/or test if the key was actually changed? Overall though, it is not such a big deal as it is fairly unnoticable when typing but I do hope I can do something about it.

Sorry about any errors in my English.

Thanks,

Chucksta :)

large_709_large_101_MX1A-G1NN.jpg

As the switch is raised a bit I don't think the juice would have gotten inside most likely so you should be safe. You could pull the key cap off your "m" and "n" and see if you can feel a noticeable difference?

There are videos on youtube of people pulling the switches apart (to replace them), if you wanted I guess you could try that but its completely up to you. 

Well again, I don't really know if it is placebo or not but I feel like the key is just so slightly not as distinct when reaching the tactile "bump". If there is not easier way to fix it then I will probably have to look at the key by taking it apart. Obviously I hope the switch is safe. :D

Edit: Wow, replacing the entire key seems like alot of work.

you were eating tomatoes.. by themselves?

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

LOL. Bruh tomatoes are lyfe. But yea, guess it was obviously my fault. I love em doe. But dang, it sucks though that 1 little key is sort of screwed up even though the character comes out fine.