Looking for a display

Imakuni

^Title. I got my hands on a gtx 970 from GA, and it really saddens me when I pair it up with a 768p TV. Here are the rules:

1. Has to be 1080p. While I'd love to have a 1440p or 4k display, Brazil is stuck in 2008. Such resolutions are either too expensive (4k) or just plain don't exist (1440p).
  2. 23' or higher. I like big stuff. It will be single monitor setup anyway.

Given the constraints, I was thinking on this one. It's the only 144hz monitor I can afford here, is it good? If it's not, I guess I'll just cheap out and get a humble 60hz for half the price.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

If you want better color then get a 1080p, 60Hz, IPS monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009483

I'm not sure about the prices in your country, but if you need 144Hz then I would get: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

-snip

What games are you planning to play on that 144hz monitor?

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

What games are you planning to play on that 144hz monitor?

Good ones :D

Being more serious, I usually blend the games I'm playing. Today Dota2, tomorrow Far Cry 4, next Tower Defense, right after a stealth one. I mix it a lot.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!