missunderstanding

tourenious

hi. i like linus's content but i dont understand 1thing

He is moveing? right (his ofice) and he is doing an whole room watter cooling ti the old place . what am i missing

The room water cooling moved from the old place to the new. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

He is moveing? right (his ofice) and he is doing an whole room watter cooling ti the old place . what am i missing

THe water cooling was done like 3 month ago and now they need to move. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

The whole room project was done ages ago, before they thought about moving office, they are only releasing the videos now though.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

They're going to try and move the full room water cooling to the new office. Also, they can't move until next year, so it'll have been in there at least 6 months, likely longer whilst they try to find somewhere and get enough sorted so that the move will be smooth. Also, they did the loop back in the summer, it's taken till now to get it all edited, due to staff having to take leave for multiple reasons (holidays, injuries etc)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

the water cooling project finished months ago,

and everything can be moved besides the copper piping, which is by far the easist part of the project, anyone that has worked in a home knows that. copper tubing is actually pretty inexpensive, and not a huge problem. so 99% of it can be easily moved to the new house. if your talking money wise, id be surpised if the piping was even close to 5% the value of the project.

and everything can be moved besides the copper piping, which is by far the easist part of the project, anyone that has worked in a home knows that. copper tubing is actually pretty inexpensive, and not a huge problem. so 99% of it can be easily moved to the new house. if your talking money wise, id be surpised if the piping was even close to 5% the value of the project.

u can reuse that

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

given the amount of enthusiast grade hardware they're using (not even counting the computers themselves) this should come as no surprise to anyone. it's probably less than that.

given the amount of enthusiast grade hardware they're using (not even counting the computers themselves) this should come as no surprise to anyone. it's probably less than that.

yeah, i was going to go with 1%, which, with thousands of dollars in just graphics cards, is more likely. whole homes are piped with this stuff. its not very pricy. so when they get a new place, they just need new runs of copper. and thats it to get it all back up and running

when do you guys think the actual move will happen? before summer? 

once its financed.

i... sadly dont think they'll hit 50k before the end of the year, (when they're close the fund raiser) 

i hope people spam it like crazy at christmas.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

once its financed.

i... sadly dont think they'll hit 50k before the end of the year, (when they're close the fund raiser) 

Or they could just keep it open until they're almost ready to move... which would probably be the best thing to do. I don't understand why they close the fundraiser so early.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

once its financed.

The momentum certainly has gone, sadly.  

I agree not before the end of the year, but i think they will eventually!

Would be a nice present For LMG :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

The momentum certainly has gone, sadly.  

I agree not before the end of the year, but i think they will eventually!

Would be a nice present For LMG :)

hopefully they'll extend the end date and some people can pitch in with their christmas money! :D

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

hopefully they'll extend the end date and some people can pitch in with their christmas money! :D

Aye! did they mention a closing date? 

i there anything you would have liked to have seen as a stretch-goal ? 

Aye! did they mention a closing date? 

i there anything you would have liked to have seen as a stretch-goal ? 

yeah, they'se closing it as of january 1st.

......linus and luke at my bedroom door holding the parts of my new pc. and they do the reach over shoulder hold hands and make u build the pc kinda teaching. ;) 

luke is adorable and he's like a big cuddly teddy bear minus too much fur. 

linus is hawt. xD 

AAANNYYYBUTT 

-Jim Hensen

yeah, they'se closing it as of january 1st.

......linus and luke at my bedroom door holding the parts of my new pc. and they do the reach over shoulder hold hands and make u build the pc kinda teaching. ;)

luke is adorable and he's like a big cuddly teddy bear minus too much fur. 

linus is hawt. xD 

AAANNYYYBUTT 

I suppose that does give people some time. 

Have to say that would be pretty awesome :P I'd love to do a build with the team. 

hahahaha haven't heard them being described like that before :P brilliant. haha

I kinda see what you mean with the teddy thing tho... lol

I suppose that does give people some time. 

Have to say that would be pretty awesome :P I'd love to do a build with the team. 

hahahaha haven't heard them being described like that before :P brilliant. haha

I kinda see what you mean with the teddy thing tho... lol

i need luke snuggles and steamy linus date.

that should be another stretch goal.

-Jim Hensen

once its financed.

they don't have to hit the fundraising goal. The move is happening anyway, the fundraising was to try alleviate as much of the cost as they could

when do you guys think the actual move will happen? before summer? 

No idea, but no one here get the wrong idea, they are moving. They have to move. This fundraiser may ease the process immensely, but they will still move regardless of how much they make.

i need luke snuggles and steamy linus date.

that should be another stretch goal.

Could do both :P

Hahaha. All with Gaben statue overlooking

Could do both :P

Hahaha. All with Gaben statue overlooking

GABEN OUR LORD AND SAVIOR

-Jim Hensen

No idea, but no one here get the wrong idea, they are moving. They have to move. This fundraiser may ease the process immensely, but they will still move regardless of how much they make.

That's for sure. It'll be great for them once they have the space to get organised. It's great to see how well the community has contributed too.

That's for sure. It'll be great for them once they have the space to get organised. It's great to see how well the community has contributed too.

Oh, I know, I was gonna say, I'm amazed at how supportive people have been, especially since Linus and the team were expecting it to receive some flak, but no, everyone has been totally good with it. Our community is awe-inspiring when it comes to support for its founders.

GABEN OUR LORD AND SAVIOR

haha that's the spirit! :D