Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Corsair H105

3x AF120 quiet edition

2x SP120 quiet edition

1x AF140 quiet edition

NZXT H440

Akasa Vegas white LED strip

Im having a problem that the new rig somehow refuses to properly boot into the usb flashdisk with win 8.1 on it. It freezes with the screen only displaying the windows logo. Had boot options configured only to boot to the usb flashdisk with the other options disabled.

Tried to do the same with my current pc and no problems at all. But using this new rig to boot into the usb is just a pain. When powered on everything is working - the cpu, all ram is recognized, my aio cooler works, all fans are spinning, gpu is working as well. Checked if all cables were properly plugged in

I just dont know what to do anymore. I was really looking forward to use this PC when I came home, but I only became dissapointed.

I really need your help to help me solve this problem.

Thank you.

post-44764-0-98610300-1418927810_thumb.j

Two questions.
Are you using UEFI boot for the USB as there are normally two options? if not try that if so try the other option I forget what it's called.

Is it plugged into a USB 3.0 port, while normally not an issue with windows 8.1 it can occasionally cause issues so try installing on a USB 2.0 port.

Really sexy rig.

Edit: also try just waiting sometimes for what ever reason you'll need to wait 30 or so minutes.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I tried to use both options for the USB boot, but no luck :(. I had my usb flashdisk plugged into the outer front usb 3.o port.

Thanks ^.^ originally planned to build a black|red rig, but my budget got reduced by a little bit so I had to come up with something else. I'll be recolouring the grey ring on the H105 and using some of bitfenixes black|white cable extenders.

Edit : trying to boot into uefi usb key results in this (photo)

And also wow i finally see a ring with dots spinning after changing it back to usb key (not usb uefi key). Wonder what will happen next.

post-44764-0-76684700-1418929181_thumb.j

Ok so the dotted circle is still spinning. >.> its been more than half a hour. Any ideas what I should do ?

It sounds like the bootable USB isn't configured properly, because otherwise you seem to be doing everything correctly.

How did you mount the Win8 to the flash drive?

It's also possible that you forgot to plugin the front panel connectors or that they are malfunctioning; could you try one of the rear USB inputs?

My new rig now keeps restarting after i power it on. Pressing the power button makes everything spin and work but then after one or three seconds it restarts and this continues in a loop.