Where do I find drivers for this motherboard?

Saitham

A friend wants to use a Mini-ITX motherboard he got from a friend for a very low budget ITX-build but the problem is that a CPU is missing and before he goes out buying a new CPU for it I both need to know that I can find drivers for it and specifically what CPU's it supports.

The problem is that it's an Acer-board originating from a Packard Bell iMedia S2380.

"Great" you say, I know the model, just Google it right?

Not at all... I consider myself a Google Champion but I just can't find this board because there are so many different S2380's out there and Packard Bell/Acer's websites doesn't recognize any number printed on the motherboard or the original computer that I type in.

If anyone out there has some spare time to pass then please help me find some info on this board.

Here's some pictures of it: http://imgur.com/a/2imvI

My silent yet powerful squire: [Fractal Design Define R3] ≈ [Corsair AX 850W] ≈ [Nvidia Geforce GTX 780] ≈ [Intel Core i7 [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>] ≈ [Corsair A70] ≈ [2x4GB Corsair Vengeance@1600MHz] ≈ [Asus Sabertooth Z77] ≈ [Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB] ≈ [Intel 520 180GB] |

-deleted-

Can't find it.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

A friend wants to use a Mini-ITX motherboard he got from a friend for a very low budget ITX-build but the problem is that a CPU is missing and before he goes out buying a new CPU for it I both need to know that I can find drivers for it and specifically what CPU's it supports.

The problem is that it's an Acer-board originating from a Packard Bell iMedia S2380.

"Great" you say, I know the model, just Google it right?

Not at all... I consider myself a Google Champion but I just can't find this board because there are so many different S2380's out there and Packard Bell/Acer's websites doesn't recognize any number printed on the motherboard or the original computer that I type in.

If anyone out there has some spare time to pass then please help me find some info on this board.

Here's some pictures of it: http://imgur.com/a/2imvI

I don't think it's a mItx board. I have one myself, and yours seems to rectangely. Mine is perfectly square.

that is not an itx board.

I don't think it's a mItx board. I have one myself, and yours seems to rectangely. Mine is perfectly square.

Hmmm okay, I don't know how all the specific form factors look but I figured this should be a mITX-board.

Anyhow it's currently in a case that my friend thinks is small enough ;)

Thanks a lot!

I'm still not sure precisely what CPU's it supports but at least I know the socket is FM2 (The original CPU was an AMD A6 5400K).

Like I said my friend is on a really tight budget and buying the wrong CPU just can't happen so I still need to make sure what CPU's it supports.

I guess he could buy another AMD A6 5400K since i know for sure that that CPU is supported though.

My silent yet powerful squire: [Fractal Design Define R3] ≈ [Corsair AX 850W] ≈ [Nvidia Geforce GTX 780] ≈ [Intel Core i7 [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>] ≈ [Corsair A70] ≈ [2x4GB Corsair Vengeance@1600MHz] ≈ [Asus Sabertooth Z77] ≈ [Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB] ≈ [Intel 520 180GB] |