A Microsoft Employee Wrote an interesting Corporate Blog Post..

a Microsoft employee published a blog post on the company’s Office blog. Which was quite Hilarious The Blog POst was titled "Google Apps Bring Families together", The post was made by a microsoft employee under the name Tim Carroll as senior product manager on the Office 365 team

“the blog post was not properly vetted it has been taken down, and that it was not a reflection of [the company’s] views.”

Actual Blog Post removed, Screencaps Cort: Tech_Crunch :)

screen-shot-2014-12-17-at-12-29-15-pm.pn

screen-shot-2014-12-17-at-12-30-40-pm.pn

screen-shot-2014-12-17-at-12-31-56-pm.pn

screen-shot-2014-12-17-at-12-35-00-pm.pn

screen-shot-2014-12-17-at-12-36-16-pm.pn

Soo..Yeaaaaaaaaaaahhh... :mellow:

1259583.jpg

Leave a WTF comment down below..

Link:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/17/microsoft-employee-pens-the-worstbest-corporate-blog-post-of-all-time/

Web cache of Original Blog Post:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:slyoiLMyOdIJ:blogs.office.com/2014/12/16/google-apps-brings-families-together/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Details separate people.

i can see why it was removed, this isnt the sort of register you use on a corporate blog

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Wtf you've got to be kidding me.....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

what the actual balls

this is like the most convoluted office 365 advert I have ever read 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

that the kind of shit you either put on facebook or a specific subreddit

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'm willing to bet he thinks Outlook and Onenote are useful as well.

Don't get me wrong, office has it's uses. But I could honestly do without onenote and outlook. I DESPISE both of them. Especially onenote's tendency to replace my moms printer as default printer, because fucking reasons.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well I'm glad that guy wasn't my father I would of been like F*** you I'm joining the army  and my VW van I am going to pimp out and sell it for 60K use that money to fund a nature show an be a youtube sensation 

that kids father is an ass 0

If you have never been in a corporate environment I can see how you would think that. 

If you have never been in a corporate environment I can see how you would think that. 

I've been around one. My dad has to use outlook for his work. I see no advantage what so ever to outlook. Why not just use Gmail?

I've had to try and change settings for my dad's outlook, completely and totally horrible experience. I also am forced to use it for my school (ECPI) which is just...mind bogglingly annoying.

That's a weird advertisement ^^ I wonder why nobody had thought it could be inappropriate... I mean, this CAN'T be a one-man initiative.

...or can it? 

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

is this some sort of ad campaign that's trying to go viral?

This is fanfiction.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I agree with him that Office 365 is better than Google Docs but wow... That was terrible.

His analogy was a Swiss army knife vs a fork and a spoon?

That makes no sense, unless he means that Google apps are vastly superior to Office in plenty of everyday situations while you'd only really need/want to use Office if your life depended on it.

Whilst it's clearly either an add or over zealous employee, he is right.  When you go into a professional environment (of any discipline) you quickly learn the difference between low cost and high quality tools.  Doesn't matter if you are a mechanic, butcher, turner, musician, CEO, secretary or what ever,  It's the tool that performs at 100% all the way to the smallest and most finite detail that you want.   Mechanics hate wasting time swapping spanners because the one they picked up started to round, and butchers hate wasting time because their knives go blunt too quickly. 

I agree with him that Office 365 is better than Google Docs but wow... That was terrible.

His analogy was a Swiss army knife vs a fork and a spoon?

That makes no sense, unless he means that Google apps are vastly superior to Office in plenty of everyday situations while you'd only really need/want to use Office if your life depended on it.

I think he was trying to imply google was a the fork spoon and rubber bands while office was the swiss army knife.  In the context of camping (purpose built device) the swiss army knife is vastly superior.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I personally believe this must have been released as a mistake.

If not, then obviously, it's totally inappriopriate to so openly bash a fellow tech company.

WITH THAT IN MIND, he's 100% right. The analogy may be flawed, as @LAwLz mentions, but the content is still true.

Google Apps is "good enough", but that doesn't actually make it good. Microsoft Office is quite superior. It's just that mom, when typing out a grocery list, won't necessarily need the full functionality. A business professional who actually needs a true productivity suite will take advantage of what Office has to offer.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
I think this comment made up for it though.

This is fanfiction.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Don't get me wrong, office has it's uses. But I could honestly do without onenote and outlook. I DESPISE both of them. Especially onenote's tendency to replace my moms printer as default printer, because fucking reasons.

For me as a high schooler with multiple computers, one note is VERY useful because I can sort my classnotes and they automatically back up to one drive and sync with my other computers. One note is one of those things that is only rather useful to students, so I can understand why you think its useless.

For me as a high schooler with multiple computers, one note is VERY useful because I can sort my classnotes and they automatically back up to one drive and sync with my other computers. One note is one of those things that is only rather useful to students, so I can understand why you think its useless.

Lol I'm not a note taker. I just remember stuff. And I am a student currently. Although with my more complex classes I will probably need to take notes.

I've been around one. My dad has to use outlook for his work. I see no advantage what so ever to outlook. Why not just use Gmail?

I've had to try and change settings for my dad's outlook, completely and totally horrible experience. I also am forced to use it for my school (ECPI) which is just...mind bogglingly annoying.

Being around one and actually in one are very different things. I don't have any use for Outlook at home whatsoever. Gmail is far superior for my personal needs. But when it comes to a corporate environment, Outlooks just blows it out of the water. Scheduling meetings with built-in room-reservations, shared IMAP inboxes that multiple people use (think support@somecompany.com type emails), etc. And I was not a very advanced Outlook user. It's just a completely different use case than Gmail.

CPU: Intel i7 950 | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB | SSD: 256GB 840 Pro | HDD 1: SAMSUNG HD103SJ 1TB | HDD 2: WD 320GB | RAM: Crucial XMS3 12GB (6x 2GB) | Case: Corsair R200 | PSU: LCPower 650W | Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo