3D printing legs for disabled Dog!

Koookrum

We all know that 3D printing has come a far way in the little time it has been around, from being able to print small things like shoes, cups, plates, and figures and big things like tables, chairs and replica cars. But nothing as heart warming as this. 

Derby, a rescue dog born with small forearms and no paws had no way of getting the necessary exercise or even any exercise that a dog needs to stay healthy and happy. Until Tara Anderson ( a 3D printing director at 3D systems) decided to adopt the dog from The Peace and Paws Rescue, a non-profit, volunteer based, dog shelter that matches the best dogs to the best families.

Here is their story.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/398945,wow-many-feels-3d-printing-lets-disabled-dog-run-much-tears.aspx

I think that this is absolutely amazing. If we can print legs for animals, just imagine what we can do for the human race. Prosthetic limps can be made more precise and faster than ever, buying a smaller at home 3D printer will make it easier for people to get things needed around the house. And who knows, maybe as 3D tech evolves we can even print computer parts in our own home! ( I WISH I COULD)

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day! 

cU   TE.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

I literally cried.

The looped design is great. I was thinking when I read the title they just put some straight-like poles or whatnot on him. This looks like it is perfect for him.

Most people would have put him to sleep. Thank God for 3D printing and people like Tara Anderson.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

That dog is so huggable. So fluffy.  :wub:

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I want that dog.. Omg

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I would name him Chicken Wing. 

gold

Rig:   Case: Corsair 760t  Motherboard: Asus Z97-A  CPU: i5 4690k @ 4.4Ghz  RAM: 8GB XMS3  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 Cooling: CM Nepton 280L Storage: 1 TB Seagate Baracuda & Crucial CT240M 240GB SSD PSU: Corsair CSM 650W

Upgrades:   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI RAM: HyperX Fury White 16GB Storage: 3TB WD Green PSU: Superflower Leadex Plat 1000w

"My PC is just substitute for the things in life I'd much rather be doing, It passes the time."

Naaaaaaw so cute all the feels 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

I was not expecting to cry but being a dog owner I literally have tears in my eyes. I know I should care about humans more but dogs are significantly more lovable than humans are because they have significantly simpler personalities and as a result cannot be as wicked as humans can.