GIGABYTE NVIDIA GTX970 G1 GAMING/vs/EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 FTW

I need to know which "protrudes" or "is the best" in all categories Also can listen suggestions with the same price average.

I'm very confused guys, benchmarks are cracked and they said all kind of thinks if you go from one benchmark to another, maybe helps if someone put one of the "safe" and without mistakes benchmarks on the internet.

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

Gigabyte G1, generally cheaper, cooler and higher clocks. Plus it looks better to me.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

The only difference is the company behind it, and maybe the binning.

Both are reference design, but the G1 may be binned (not too sure here)

ask @Lays since he bought those

Definitely the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Definitely the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. ;)

Explain why! >.<

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

because good cooling and sound level.

What about the fps average and graphics? the gigabyte stills better?

Explain why! >.<

Because the EVGA one, from things I've heard, hasn't got the best build quality, unless someone can correct me on that. Also the Gigabyte one comes with a backplate pre-installed which helps keep your hands off the PCB if so happen to forget to de-static yourself. ;)

Why not? It's a great card. Avg is little more than other cards, I believe.

You'll only be getting a small FPS differential. It's really just up to personal preference.  

You'll only be getting a small FPS differential. It's really just up to personal preference.  

You mean small higher? or small bad? and whe are talking about the g1 gaming? xD the g1 gaming stills better even vs the EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0?

The only difference is the company behind it, and maybe the binning.

Both are reference design, but the G1 may be binned (not too sure here)

ask @Lays since he bought those

Well I know that both companies are really good, evga is the official partner of nvidia isn't? 

Well I know that both companies are really good, evga is the official partner of nvidia isn't?

Idk, but that doesn't really mean anything to me anyway.

wait for Lay's opinion since he went through the same issue, but chose the G1's, for reasons I'm not entirely sure of.

It's same GPU afterall, you'll get almost identical results. Maximum of 1% difference if you use both at their stock speeds.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

I'm supposed to get my G1 on Thursday, I'll overclock it as far as I can on air vs my 290x lightning, and let you know how it performs @ 1440p if you like.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

G1 comes with backplate, FTW charges extra if you wish to have backplate.

FTW has higher boost and base clock.

G1 is longer and it might not fit every case.

FTW has dual 6 pin connectors while G1 requires 6+8 pin connectors resulting in a better OC potential.

Both cards are blue-themed but G1's led can be changed with Red or Green if you wish to do so.

One might say that G1 has better I/O.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Gigabytes is best for high overclocks

Msi is the best overall imo pretty silent good overclocker and 0 dba fan mode

FTW has dual 6 pin connectors while G1 requires 6+8 pin connectors resulting in a better OC potential.

Both cards are blue-themed but G1's led can be changed with Red or Green if you wish to do so.

One might say that G1 has better I/O.Are you talking about the Normal FTW or the one with

Are you talking about this one? https://www.orbitalstore.mx/desktop-pc/tarjetas-de-video/video-nvidia/tarjetas-de-video-nvidia-gtx-970/tarjeta-de-video-evga-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-ftw-04p4-2978-kr.html

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=2477&gid2=2462&compare=geforce-gtx-970-evga-ftw-acx-2-0-4gb-edition-vs-geforce-gtx-980-gigabyte-g1-gaming-4gb-edition

Because the EVGA one, from things I've heard, hasn't got the best build quality, unless someone can correct me on that. Also the Gigabyte one comes with a backplate pre-installed which helps keep your hands off the PCB if so happen to forget to de-static yourself. ;)

Yeah it's a bit flimsy. I mean it's not like it's gonna snap but the cooler is flimsy. I don't think there's anything between the PCB and the outside of the cooler besides the heatsink stuff. I noticed that when I picked up my card if I sqeezed gently I could see the outside of the cooler bend in a little. Compared to my old GTX 580 which was solid as a rock. Of course that was obviously a different design and the entire thing had a plastic cover all around it. Anyways I'm not sure if the newer cards are like this or if it's just this one. I've only owned 2 desktop GPUs my whole life so ya lol. I like the GTX 970 FTW but wish I may have gone for another card. It has the highest clocks out of all the 970s I've seen (even if just by a little) out of box. I do know EVGA has great customer service and warranty. Another thing to note is it has no back plate, fortunately I got a free one with a promotion around the time I bought it from EVGA. At the end of the day if I could go back 2 months when I bought this I would buy another card probably. I would most likely have bought a GTX 980 and got the Windforce one or Asus. This is not to say this is a bad card, I would recommend it. I like the look of some other cards more than this one which is pretty plain. Now that I am caring a bit more about looks I would have liked one of those with the Windforce logo or Asus branding and wish I would have gotten the 980 even tho it's not as good for price. Even tho I'm talking a bit of trash on my card it's really great and get which ever one you like. It's really good and pretty much smashes every game I play besides terribly optimized ones. I even bought Crysis 3 today and played on NVIDIA's "optimized" settings. It played without a single hitch or stutter and looked fantastic...

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Yeah it's a bit flimsy. I mean it's not like it's gonna snap but the cooler is flimsy. I don't think there's anything between the PCB and the outside of the cooler besides the heatsink stuff. I noticed that when I picked up my card if I sqeezed gently I could see the outside of the cooler bend in a little. Compared to my old GTX 580 which was solid as a rock. Of course that was obviously a different design and the entire thing had a plastic cover all around it. Anyways I'm not sure if the newer cards are like this or if it's just this one. I've only owned 2 desktop GPUs my whole life so ya lol. I like the GTX 970 FTW but wish I may have gone for another card. It has the highest clocks out of all the 970s I've seen (even if just by a little) out of box. I do know EVGA has great customer service and warranty. Another thing to note is it has no back plate, fortunately I got a free one with a promotion around the time I bought it from EVGA. At the end of the day if I could go back 2 months when I bought this I would buy another card probably. I would most likely have bought a GTX 980 and got the Windforce one or Asus. This is not to say this is a bad card, I would recommend it. I like the look of some other cards more than this one which is pretty plain. Now that I am caring a bit more about looks I would have liked one of those with the Windforce logo or Asus branding and wish I would have gotten the 980 even tho it's not as good for price. Even tho I'm talking a bit of trash on my card it's really great and get which ever one you like. It's really good and pretty much smashes every game I play besides terribly optimized ones. I even bought Crysis 3 today and played on NVIDIA's "optimized" settings. It played without a single hitch or stutter and looked fantastic...

WOW! Okay, so it seems worse then I thought. I don't know why EVGA decided to reduce the build quality of their cards, but it is a shame they have. All of their GTX series cards right up until these newer GTX 900 series cards have had great build quality from what I've read and it's quite disappointing that they chose to cheap out on the build quality of their cars this time around. I know EVGA have excellent customer service, but unfortunately they decided not to have excellent build quality of they GPUs this time. Because of this fact I would strongly encourage people to look to the Gigabyte, MSI or ASUS GTX 900 series cards for much better build quality. I know that the EVGA cards are probably fine performance-wise, but I think build quality plays a big roll too in graphics cards to be honest.

I can't help but sense that you have a bit of buyers remorse about buying your EVGA GTX 900 series card, would I be correct in thinking that?

So for you the FTW is just little bit faster and the Gtx G1 is better in quality?

WOW! Okay, so it seems worse then I thought. I don't know why EVGA decided to reduce the build quality of their cards, but it is a shame they have. All of their GTX series cards right up until these newer GTX 900 series cards have had great build quality from what I've read and it's quite disappointing that they chose to cheap out on the build quality of their cars this time around. I know EVGA have excellent customer service, but unfortunately they decided not to have excellent build quality of they GPUs this time. Because of this fact I would strongly encourage people to look to the Gigabyte, MSI or ASUS GTX 900 series cards for much better build quality. I know that the EVGA cards are probably fine performance-wise, but I think build quality plays a big roll too in graphics cards to be honest.

I can't help but sense that you have a bit of buyers remorse about buying your EVGA GTX 900 series card, would I be correct in thinking that?

What I'm looking foor is performance in all categories, all kind of games, So for all of that the gtx 970 G1 oc is my best option?