Need audio!

Joshuatree

Okay, so here is what i need help with. I want to replace my speakers for my desktop. i currently have the logitech z506 5.1 surround system. i would like a set-up with better quality for under $200. I would like a 2.1 system. I dont know enough about audio to be confident in a purchase, hence why i am coming to the forums. I would not mind a dac, and im not a huge headphones fan so i do need nicer speakers. size of the speakers should't matter, and i would like it if they came in a black version. thank you all, i look forward to seeing your suggestions. 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Uh no...Corsair is terrible for audio. Bookshelf speakers and a Lepai 2020A+ amp would be your best bet. Something like the Polk Audio TSi100. Most will have plenty of bass. Good subs will cost way more than your budget so a 2.0 speaker set would be better. If you just want more boomy bass, then a Polk PSW110 sub would be good but it's more for explosions and stuff and not music. 

Uh no...Corsair is terrible for audio. Bookshelf speakers and a Lepai 2020A+ amp would be your best bet. Something like the Polk Audio TSi100. Most will have plenty of bass. Good subs will cost way more than your budget so a 2.0 speaker set would be better. If you just want more boomy bass, then a Polk PSW110 sub would be good but it's more for explosions and stuff and not music. 

To add this, if budget is in your (OP) concern, try browsing for used passive bookshelf speakers. The ones from old Hi-Fi audio usually sounds quite good. You or your family might have one of those (old Hi-Fi system) lying around.

So Corsair=no, Hi-fi audio is good, what other companies are generally good for speakers?

So Corsair=no, Hi-fi audio is good, what other companies are generally good for speakers?

I got my Swan's recently, they are nice, and they have a variety of products for everyone, pick your size and connects and then pick the speaker that has both.

so is Pioneer a good company? i found these previous generation speakers that arnt to expansive, but if they arnt good, i would like to know why. It is a set of bookshelf speakers, and a sub. 

Pioneer SP-BS21-LR and Pioneer SW-8-K 100W

edit: how does wattage affect an amps performance? and what other factors are important for quality sound, but also being able to play music with some volume behind it. 

Also, i do game a lot so i would like a sub for the explosions and other sound effects, but if getting a higher quality set of bookshelf speakers would really improve my audio for the extra money, i would do that for sure

Also, i do game a lot so i would like a sub for the explosions and other sound effects, but if getting a higher quality set of bookshelf speakers would really improve my audio for the extra money, i would do that for sure

Usually it's better to go 2.0 at that price point. As for brands, Pioneer is good. so is Polk, Infinity, Sony, and a few more. There are more good ones than bad.