Astro A40 mic Bad

Enzo_Mofo

Friends just got astro a40's got in my teamspeak server ( Codec quality 10) and his mic sounded like shit. Any fixes? for a $200 i expect much better mic quality

Not really, headset's are usually just bad headphones with bad mics attached. sorry man :/ I guess you could try and compare with other people's recording with astros online. If it seems a lot worse he could have a defective unit so u could RMA or return it.

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

Is he using the Mixamp? It adds rubbish noise to the mic from experience.

Not really, headset's are usually just bad headphones with bad mics attached. sorry man :/ I guess you could try and compare with other people's recording with astros online. If it seems a lot worse he could have a defective unit so u could RMA or return it.

Not really, since a number of headsets do come with good mics attached to them (Though that is a very specific subset of gaming headsets and a good chunk of aviation and broadcast headsets.)

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Get it checked or RMA'd if it is a hardware issue.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Is he using the Mixamp? It adds rubbish noise to the mic from experience.

I'll tell him this and we will see what happenes

Friends just got astro a40's got in my teamspeak server ( Codec quality 10) and his mic sounded like shit. Any fixes? for a $200 i expect much better mic quality

No fixes, the mic on the A40s is one of the worst headset mics on the market, same with the a50. Sorry

He could try updating the firmware on the mixamp but other than that it's probably an issue with the mic itself.  I used to have a pair of a40s and had no complaints about the mic.  You could contact astro and they would probably send a new mic.