Sony Online Entertainment is organizing a World Record Match on Planetside 2

nekro
PlanetsideBattles and SOE are very excited to announce an event to cement Planetside 2’s place in gaming history. OnJanuary 24th, 2015, at 22:00UTC, we will be attempting to break the Guinness World Record for “Most Players Online in an FPS Battle.”

The definition of the record from Guinness:

“This record is for the greatest number of players simultaneously (in one single instance) in one server on an online FPS (First-Person Shooter) video game.”

The current record is 999 players held by Man vs Machine, a one off, browser based game created in 2012 specifically to surpass Planetside 1's record at the time.

Our record attempt will consist of approximately 1,100 players and take place on the Jaeger competitive server as a 3 way match on Hossin, pitting each FACTION, not servers, against each other. What this means is that a TR from Connery will be fighting alongside the combined TR populations from all servers; the same goes for the NC and VS.

It was about time ! I have already apply for the event. i hope SOE's servers  will not melt under this load or not get a 2.0978.798 msec ping

SOURCES

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/planetsidebattles-is-organizing-a-world-record-match.209947/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2pgwf7/planetsidebattles_we_are_shooting_for_the_world/

OI

FIX THE TEXT PLS

MY EYES ARE GETTING RAPED

FUCKING WHITE TEXT

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

this kind of shit could make download the game again

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

OI

FIX THE TEXT PLS

MY EYES ARE GETTING RAPED

FUCKING WHITE TEXT

I'm sorry i am using night theme i forgot  the font is on white :(

I'm sorry i am using night theme i forgot  the font is on white :(

Don't worry errebody makes mistakes lol

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

• 1 month later...

So what platforms is this record trying to be set on?  Is this game cross platform?  I have a PS3 and a pc but no PS4 and am wondering if I have the gear to participate in this?

Update:  Eh **** it.  All slots have been filled.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I think all roster was pre-establish some weeks ago you should had contancted you server manager :/ It was for pc only. PS4 is on route for closed beta but i do not think they will make it crossplatform.We had a serius problem with lag when there were about 150+ people in a facility. i had about 1.2 seconds latency on big battle.