Combining tons of Wifi

RidgeTM

Hello,

I was wondering if this would be a practical thing or not. If I was to go about getting 3 or 4 of these 2 foot wifi antenna's and then connecting them to free wifi hotspots in the near area. And then using software like Speedify to combine all these connections to get some rather high speeds? And if possible take the connection out of the desktop via Ethernet and into a router to share with all my devices?

In theory that should work if you have 3-4 wireless LAN cards that allow you to connect an antenna via RP-SMA connector.

In practicality you're probably not going to get much better performance then if you just had one dedicated internet connection from a stable ISP.

In theory that should work if you have 3-4 wireless LAN cards that allow you to connect an antenna via RP-SMA connector.

In practicality you're probably not going to get much better performance then if you just had one dedicated internet connection from a stable ISP.

I plan on using my home ISP and 4G connections as well. It's just for overkill purposes really.

I bought 2 of thouse antennas to use for a point to point wireless link in my network and i was disapointed by the performance.

If you really want high range you better get an AP with a high power antenna like: http://routerboard.com/RBSXTG2HnD

Really? I read a review on amazon saying that they had about a half mile range. What range were you getting with them? Also what range does that AP have?

Really? I read a review on amazon saying that they had about a half mile range. What range were you getting with them? Also what range does that AP have?

I have the SXT lite 5 model, I use them over a 250m distance and get the full 300mbps, so they could be used over a greater ditance and still do good.

At work we have some routerboards that work on over 30km, only 10mbps though.