Is Patriot Signature memory decent?

As title says. The price for their 2x4gb memory are by far the lowest, currently. I was wondering are there any setbacks, such as would it feel noticeably slower as they offer CAS 11, DDR3-1600 ram.

Patriot is good but brand of ram doesn't really matter.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

it a decent brand

if you concern of the CAS

you can adjust it in the BIOS

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

look for anything with a CAS 9 or 10 instead...but if they are significantly cheaper then go for it...ram is ram.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

look for anything with a CAS 9 or 10 instead...but if they are significantly cheaper then go for it...ram is ram.

im not the poster, but quick question, does CAS 9 or 10 offer any real performance boosts? what is CAS and what does it actually do?

im not the poster, but quick question, does CAS 9 or 10 offer any real performance boosts? what is CAS and what does it actually do?

(CAS) latency, or CL, is the delay time between the moment a memory controller tells the memory module to access a particular memory column on a RAM module, and the moment the data from the given array location is available on the module's output pins.

Lower is better but in real life scenarios the difference is so small that you should not even bother with this stat, pick the cheapest 1600mhz or 1866mhz kit available to you...if you're stuck between two kits that you like THEN you might want to look at CAS latency to declare a winner...select the ram you think looks good that is at a good price from a manufacturer you trust.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR