Nvidia SLI option not showing in control panel

JaRi1337
Go to solution Solved by msevilgenius,

Look at the motherboard specs, slot 7 runs at 4x, the GPUs need to be in slots running at 8x or 16x for SLI to work - they need to be in slots 2 and 5

Hi OCN!

im not 100% sure wether to put this post here, please correct me if its wrong, and sorry for my not so perfect english smile.gif

but i have a kinda *** problem, i recently bought a used graphic card with a block on so i had 2 i could do in SLI, but the option for SLI isn't even visible in the Nvidia control panel and im kinda stuck

the current system

i7 3770k
2x GTX680 2GB both from EVGA, one is superclocked edition other is superclocked signatur edition
Gigabyte z77x-UD5H

the graphic cards are positioned in slot #2 and slot #7 because they dont have matching blocks so the lineup didn't fit in the #5 slot but that in my mind shouldn't do anything when the manuel only specify it should be a x16 slot, which #2 #5 and #7 is.

im trying a lot of things first, and really hope i can get it to work without taking it apart again, cause its pretty damn near impossible to drain without spilling on components

since its all under water i cant just try and swap the cards to see if it fixes it
i've tried to move the bridge from the one set of connecters to the other, didn't do anything.
tried to reinstall all drivers for gfx, didn't do anything
tried a clean install(only what needed to be installed) - still not working

what would u suggest? both cards are working just fine on its own, just no SLI option available.

Control panel:

900x900px-LL-19510842_00b6c52e5a.png

GPU-z GFX #1:

900x900px-LL-93ea94d2_4275c3f2d0.png

GPU-z GFX #2:

900x900px-LL-073deb7a_38b83a8d90.png

Look at the motherboard specs, slot 7 runs at 4x, the GPUs need to be in slots running at 8x or 16x for SLI to work - they need to be in slots 2 and 5

I remain,  

msevilgenius

this^^

yep since NVIDIA requires ATLEAST 8x to run SLI you have to put both cards in an 8x slot. Slot 7 is 4x

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

well.. thanks for the answers, now i hate my life :)

the way i set up my WC made draining almost impossible :)

but really.. thanks for clearing out my problem! :)