GTX 970 SLI 4k problems

treyplay

Hey guys. I recently purchased a Panasonic 4K TV that is capable of 4k 60hz 4:4:4 chroma over HDMI. I had a little trouble at first getting SLI to even work but after trial and error it is finally working. Now here is the problem. The main game I play is World of Warcraft and for some reason I can not change the resolution to 4K. When I go in game to change resolution it says it's already in 3840x2160 but yet it is 1080p? I have tried other games and I can change the resolution to 4k no problem. I can get my single GTX 780 to work through DP with 4K resolution on WoW but I can not get it to work with GTX 970 SLI. Windows at first would was doing the same thing, saying it was in 3840x2160 but yet it was displaying only 1080p. After a few restarts windows is now in 4K resolution and plays everything fine except WoW. This is driving me insane lol. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys. I recently purchased a Panasonic 4K TV that is capable of 4k 60hz 4:4:4 chroma over HDMI. I had a little trouble at first getting SLI to even work but after trial and error it is finally working. Now here is the problem. The main game I play is World of Warcraft and for some reason I can not change the resolution to 4K. When I go in game to change resolution it says it's already in 3840x2160 but yet it is 1080p? I have tried other games and I can change the resolution to 4k no problem. I can get my single GTX 780 to work through DP with 4K resolution on WoW but I can not get it to work with GTX 970 SLI. Windows at first would was doing the same thing, saying it was in 3840x2160 but yet it was displaying only 1080p. After a few restarts windows is now in 4K resolution and plays everything fine except WoW. This is driving me insane lol. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

According to this post http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10859085854 on the battle.net forums it doesnt seem that wow supports 4k let alone SLI at the moment. Which i wouldnt be surprised since the game itself is over 10 years old. If im not mistaken the highest resolution that wow plays at is 1080p which for a large scale MMO like that it would be extremely taxing to play at anything beyond especially in 25 man raids.

According to this post http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10859085854 on the battle.net forums it doesnt seem that wow supports 4k let alone SLI at the moment. Which i wouldnt be surprised since the game itself is over 10 years old. If im not mistaken the highest resolution that wow plays at is 1080p which for a large scale MMO like that it would be extremely taxing to play at anything beyond especially in 25 man raids.

There is a lot of evidence out there in forums and communities of people running WOW at 4k, even with Nvidia Hardware, even in SLI and even with 970s.

Since latest MoP WoW supports 4k. SLI scaling isn't great but it does work.

It supports 4k, I played it at 4k, but I'm running a single card.

OP you could try disabling SLI, it's not like the game needs dual 970s for 4k anyways.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

it can run at 4k no problem one or two youtubers have actually played and recorded gameplay of wow on 4k the only issue you should encounter is low fps in places like stormwind or org or in 20+ man raids

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

There is a lot of evidence out there in forums and communities of people running WOW at 4k, even with Nvidia Hardware, even in SLI and even with 970s.

Since latest MoP WoW supports 4k. SLI scaling isn't great but it does work.

I havent played wow since my guild cleared firelands hardmodes so i wouldnt know from experience. I just gave him what i could find in a google search that was recent. Though i do plan to return once i build my rig in a couple months. I checked the other day to make sure my 6 level 85's were still intact. ill be returning to skullcrusher by March.

Try different drivers; according to the few troubleshooting info I could find, this helped a few people on both WoW and Tera at 4k.

Got to love this site, posted 10 mins ago and already have tons of people helping. Thanks guys. I will try different drivers, I have a WoW support team member on it. Its weird because my other pc with a single GTX 780 runs it no problem over DP. All other games seems to be running fine with the GTX 970 SLI. Also when i try to use DP instead of HDMI on the GTX 970s I get no picture at all. Researching that has brought me this wonderful forum where tons of people are having the same problem with black screen. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/777412/geforce-drivers/black-screen-on-windows-login-344-16-and-11-on-displayport-with-gtx980-sc-fix-info-posted-11-25-/25/. 

Tried disabling SLI and still same problem. I would hate to change drivers when every other game is running fine.