app development

Tocsin_786

i want to develop an app just for fun. can you guys list some programs i can use (hopefully they are free) and give me some ideas for the app. if its successful and i actually post it on the market i will make sure you get credit. 

an app for the phone BTW. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Which platform and what languages you know?

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Which platform and what languages you know?

i recently started watching barnucleas videos. and in my school we are about to start the unit on making code for video games soon. the program in school is called game maker. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

phone, pc app? 

phone. i thought by the word "app" you guys would know since we mostly call PC stuff "programs"

i recently started watching barnucleas videos. and in my school we are about to start the unit on making code for video games soon. the program in school is called game maker. 

If you want to make phone games check out unity it uses c# or javascript or boo, you're probably going to be using c# as you've watched barnacules vids so you're probably most familiar with that language. Maybe try this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Nz_AulrrA

it should cover most of the basics and if you get stuck you can always look it up in the documentation. If you want something that's easy to use maybe check out this: http://gamesalad.com/

I haven't used it in like 2 years but when i used it, it was quite good. 

For help with scripting you could also try this: http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

phone. i thought by the word "app" you guys would know since we mostly call PC stuff "programs"

App stands for application soooooooooo yeah (not trying to be a smart A)

You could call them both an app or program

App stands for application soooooooooo yeah (not trying to be a smart A)

You could call them both an app or program

well you know. old pc tradition, 13 years of calling it a program really cements the distinctions in the brain. 

well you know. old pc tradition, 13 years of calling it a program really cements the distinctions in the brain. 

Times be a changin' :P

What phone platform(s) do you what to develop for? iOS, Android, etc?

Times be a changin' :P

What phone platform(s) do you what to develop for? iOS, Android, etc?

android. since im most familiar with it and use it everyday. 

android. since im most familiar with it and use it everyday. 

google has its own android studio now which is a little confusing for starter but as i remember well documented and provides everything you need for developing a java app as far as i know.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

google has its own android studio now which is a little confusing for starter but as i remember well documented and provides everything you need for developing a java app as far as i know.

oh ok. good to know, now the only thing i have to do is figure out what the world needs.