GOP Wins...The Interview Canceled

rockking1379

I just wish they still made top notch tvs and home theater setups :( it's not like their tvs are bad now, but they tend to be more expensive than the competition without a real reason...

I grew up with only Sony TVs but ta I look at their price and wonder why

No respect for the theatres or no respect for Sony?

Because what is Sony supposed to do when nobody wants to screen your film?

Also, terrorist threats are not a joke. Human lives are nothing to play with.

Both I guess. Also, I have no doubt that the jokers weren't a threat at all. Giving in to all terrorist threats is equally dangerous. 

Both I guess. Also, I have no doubt that the jokers weren't a threat at all. Giving in to all terrorist threats is equally dangerous. 

Neither you or I know if they were really "jokers".

If people are actually killed on the night of the screening, there will be major repercussions. 

Sadly, if you actually go back to recent events, you'd realize how easy it actually is to go inside a theatre and start a shooting.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

If people are actually killed on the night of the screening, there will be major repercussions. 

Sadly, if you actually go back to recent events, you'd realize how easy it actually is to go inside a theatre and start a shooting.

So what? Should we start a program to make sure that everything we do is terrorist approved now? Why don't we hand over Obama to IS while we're at it? If we keep giving in, people are going to die at some point anyway. All that moves like this can do is delay the inevitable.

Look, I understand why it was done, but I don't like the message it sends. I only see a slippery slope from here. 

So what? Should we start a program to make sure that everything we do is terrorist approved now? Why don't we hand over Obama to IS while we're at it? If we keep giving in, people are going to die at some point anyway. All that moves like this can do is delay the inevitable.

First of all, if you were in that position what would you do? If people did die that night, what then?

If a company like Sony or AMC Theatres can prevent the deaths of some of their customers, they will certainly weigh it over losing money over the movie. The important thing is that the United States Government is now involved. 

Your post is essentially saying you don't care if people die because we don't negotiate with terrorists. Think outside of your own shoes for just a minute. 

I think that canceling/delaying the film until further notice was the right choice, until a force that actually has the ability to do something (the government) steps in. Sony and AMC Theatres must ensure the safety of their customers at all times.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

First of all, if you were in that position what would you do? If people did die that night, what then?

If a company like Sony or AMC Theatres can prevent the deaths of some of their customers, they will certainly weigh it over losing money over the movie. The important thing is that the United States Government is now involved. 

Your post is essentially saying you don't care if people die because we don't negotiate with terrorists. Think outside of your own shoes for just a minute. 

I think that canceling/delaying the film until further notice was the right choice, until a force that actually has the ability to do something (the government) steps in. Sony and AMC Theatres must ensure the safety of their customers at all times.

honestly i dont think they will ever release this film even to disc. be best if just an employee happened to upload it to a torrent site. then it can be released for viewing by those who want to view it but sony can wipe their hands and say they never released it

honestly i dont think they will ever release this film even to disc. be best if just an employee happened to upload it to a torrent site. then it can be released for viewing by those who want to view it but sony can wipe their hands and say they never released it

If they are willing to cut their losses I could see that happening for sure.

But as long as they hold the rights to the film, they could still wait this out

different actually. original was only about new york premiere, this is whole movie wont be screened

Oh, my bad, then the guy with original should have put an update there. Its very pointless having news about something in multiple topics.

Okay keep yours then :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I think that they should have just limited the number of openings and beefed up security at them. Right now this is the safest option, yes. However, I still feel like this only delays deaths, rather than preventing them. This isn't just an act of terrorism; it's an act of war. Things will only get worse from here.

Whoa. Whoaa. I did not expect that. Seth Rogen was on The Colbert Report just 2 days ago promoting his movie.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Whoa. Whoaa. I did not expect that. Seth Rogen was on The Colbert Report 2 just 2 days ago promoting his movie.

a lot can happen in two seconds. given two days, the whole could have collapsed

The hackers threatened with 9/11: "Remember 11. September 2001" like really? how stupid is that. They should have ignored these accusations and released the movie anyway. They caused so much publicity around this movie that people will end up watching it anyway fking ironic. guardians of peace huh..

The hackers threatened with 9/11: "Remember 11. September 2001" like really? how stupid is that. They should have ignored these accusations and released the movie anyway. They caused so much publicity around this movie that people will end up watching it anyway fking ironic. guardians of peace huh..

i feel that to be a really cheap move by GOP.

I get why they did it, a couple of good reasons, it just creates problems for them and other companies in the future.

seems like song canceled it because cinemas said they would not show it rather than giving in. i agree in the end if the hacker wanted the film not to be released they got what they wanted. 

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

The hackers threatened with 9/11: "Remember 11. September 2001" like really? how stupid is that. They should have ignored these accusations and released the movie anyway. They caused so much publicity around this movie that people will end up watching it anyway fking ironic. guardians of peace huh..

We all should have figured that North Korea was involved by just looking at the name.

Guardians Of Peace - Hack, Harass, Threaten violence and destruction

Democratic People's Republic of Korea - I hopefully don't need to explain the how that title makes no sense, literally only the Korea part makes sense.

It's bad, but can't be helped, I guess, the theatres would not want to risk really getting an attack, no matter the chances, and Sony can't do anything about it if nobody wants to show it.

It'd be bad if Sony starts losing profits, it would heavily affect the market. being a major player in many industries, I don't think anyone want to imagine what would happen if they start slowing down shoving out competitions.

One can argue losing one movie (maybe for now?) would not be much, but imagine this.... their reputation will be damaged heavily whether we like it or not, it's not their fault, but the amount of personal information already leaking out will definitely make an impact on people's choice in "Should I work with Sony?", I hope Sony and any police force they're working with can sort this out soon, I feel really bad for the employees, mostly just normal hard-working people trying to live.

Honestly at this point they might as well release the movie for free on the internet, cancelling the movie won't get them any of the money they lost back anyway. It's sad that people like these hackers exist, they make my faith in humanity dwindle. If I could I'd smack them square on their face with a noctua nhd15, but oh well.

Wouldn't just releasing it straight to DVD/BR make them some even if a little money back and still avoid any potential threats it's not like they can blow up every DVD/BR retailer in the world.

That said I still think Sony has no one to blame but themselves for bad security practices and have 0 sympathy for them in fact I'm pretty pleased they'll lose a large sum of money.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Wouldn't just releasing it straight to DVD/BR make them some even if a little money back and still avoid any potential threats it's not like they can blow up every DVD/BR retailer in the world.

That said I still think Sony has no one to blame but themselves for bad security practices and have 0 sympathy for them in fact I'm pretty pleased they'll lose a large sum of money.

Well, they couldn't blow up every cinema in the world either, but they still refused the movie :( nobody wants to be the one that actually gets blown up for a stupid movie... producing and shipping all the BRs would cost a lot of money, and considering they don't even know if the movie would have been a success or not they don't have much of a choice. I think it's either torrent or nothing unfortunately.

It's true that they should have handled security better, but that said I really don't think they "deserved" this in any way... if you dislike a company you can vote with your wallet as always, no need to go and ruin them. It's not like they were torturing kids or anything.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well, they couldn't blow up every cinema in the world either, but they still refused the movie :( nobody wants to be the one that actually gets blown up for a stupid movie... producing and shipping all the BRs would cost a lot of money, and considering they don't even know if the movie would have been a success or not they don't have much of a choice. I think it's either torrent or nothing unfortunately.

It's true that they should have handled security better, but that said I really don't think they "deserved" this in any way... if you dislike a company you can vote with your wallet as always, no need to go and ruin them. It's not like they were torturing kids or anything.

How about sell it online via their own website or put it on google movies /xbox movies or anyone of the many digital distribution outlets there's no reason for or benefit to them to just give it away on torrent sites that they want to discourage people even visiting.

I didn't say they deserved it I said they can't blame anyone but themselves and that I have no sympathy for them. I'm also glad they stand to lose a large sum of money because that's all companies such as Sony care about and it's the only way they'll change their poor security practices.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I don't understand how people aren't more angry with them making a reference to 9/11.

Sony should have released the film.

People who were offended by this film... Maybe we should let you into a secret... It's not real.

Maybe they should have put a disclaimer warning that no national leaders were harmed in the making of this film? Are there no books or games that do pretty much the same?

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

Bunch of fucking cowards.

That's what we are now, a nation of fucking cowards. Worried to death about maybe offending someone, instead of worrying about things that matter.

Fuck North Korea. Worst country on the planet.

I don't understand how people aren't more angry with them making a reference to 9/11.
Sony should have released the film.
People who were offended by this film... Maybe we should let you into a secret... It's not real.
Maybe they should have put a disclaimer warning that no national leaders were harmed in the making of this film? Are there no books or games that do pretty much the same?

Or maybe they should say "being offended doesn't give you the right to do anything, so fuck off"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

How about sell it online via their own website or put it on google movies /xbox movies or anyone of the many digital distribution outlets there's no reason for or benefit to them to just give it away on torrent sites that they want to discourage people even visiting.

Well if their servers are getting hacked that's hardly a solution is it? :P Maybe google movies could be a better choice but I'm not sure google wants to attract the attention of a group of seemingly skilled hackers... even if they can deal with it I think they won't want the hassle.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No respect for the theatres or no respect for Sony?

Because what is Sony supposed to do when nobody wants to screen your film?

Also, terrorist threats are not a joke. Human lives are nothing to play with.

Pfft, this is 'Murica, we don't negotiate with terrorists. Nevermind the fact that they threatened to kill potentially tens of thousands of American citizens on the largest holiday of the year, and never mind that Sony is Japanese (the entire world is 'Murica, BTW) and their actions in no way reflect negatively, positively or otherwise upon 'Murican foreign policy, WE DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH DEM TERRORISTS! Now, I need to go to Walmart to buy me a new XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL camo outfit, then I'll go to McDonalds so I'll gain another 600lb, all while carrying an M4 and a switchblade to spite Obama and his proposed anti-open-carry laws. I BLAME OBAMACARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!

/s

(BTW, I live in America, will probably vote as a Republican in 2020, and have incredibly conservative grandparents, so I can stereotype. :P)

Unfortunately I'm afraid they got a lot closer than nearly. Sony was already not swimming in gold, this might have been the finisher. We'll have to see what happens in the next few months, but I'm afraid if the third spider man movie doesn't fix the mess sony pictures (if not the whole sony) is pretty much dead.

I highly doubt the next Spiderman movie will be any good. I don't think Sony Pictures will be around much longer.

'MERICA!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!1!!

(This is all I'll say.)

Especially that "if you live near a theater, you will want to move" thing. I doubt they realize that pretty much everyone in America lives near a movie theater, but when dealing with potential bombing threats, it's better to assume that they plan on doing as they say- better safe than sorry.

Look, I understand why it was done, but I don't like the message it sends. I only see a slippery slope from here.

How do the actions of one Japanese corperation affect America in any way?

Also, 'MERICA, 'MERICA 'MURICA 'MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!1!1!1!1!!!!!!!1!!!1!!1!!1!!1!!1!!1!!1!1!

First of all, if you were in that position what would you do? If people did die that night, what then?

^This.

We all should have figured that North Korea was involved by just looking at the name.

Guardians Of Peace - Hack, Harass, Threaten violence and destruction

Democratic People's Republic of Korea - I hopefully don't need to explain the how that title makes no sense, literally only the Korea part makes sense.

False: the "of" in "Democratic People's Republic of Korea" also makes sense.

If the Nazis had called their country the "Utopian Society of the People's Free Will, Cupcakes and Unicorns of Germany," it would've made just as much sense.

Bunch of fucking cowards.

That's what we are now, a nation of fucking cowards. Worried to death about maybe offending someone, instead of worrying about things that matter.

Fuck North Korea. Worst country on the planet.

'MURICA.

Much redneck. Such conservative. Wow. (I'm in the middle of conservatives and liberalism, so I partially agree with you)

As I've stated before, Sony is JAPANESE. America was not affected by their giving in to terrorists, which, BTW, I prefer to being killed. :)

Or maybe they should say "being offended doesn't give you the right to do anything, so fuck off"

Dude, remember, this is North Korea you're talking about. They get offended over ANYTHING.

In hindsight, who goes to see a movie on Christmas anyway?

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650