UBISHIT Far Cry 4 doesn't start

Go to solution Solved by llWarFacell,

I can understand why you are pissed. I have spend 2 days trying to get it to work. I reinstalled everything by hand, as a admin and in windows 7 mode with no luck. I even formatted my game drive. Can you tell us if ubisoft could help you. 

I managed to fix it by myself it is an .dll error. You have to search for c:\windows\system32\D3DX9_43.dll, copy that file to a usb, restart and copy it again into the system32 folder. Problem fixed :D .. and guess what it was Ubisoft's fault.

That's a bad joke even after all these patches the game doesn't start for me at least. No blackscreen etc. it just does nothing, WHY? It seems all my Ushit games doesn't work like watchdogs except there I get a error message "watchdogs doesn't work" 

(CPU: 3930K, 16GB Ram, GTX 980)

That's a bad joke even after all these patches the game doesn't start for me at least. No blackscreen etc. it just does nothing, WHY? 

Try reinstalling the game? Maybe consider reinstalling direct x as well.

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

Try reinstalling the game? Maybe consider reinstalling direct x as well.

I did it with watchdogs but without any succsess..

I don't have a solution for you but jumping immediately to it being the developers fault is a bad practice. Errors can be client side too. Even with Valve games there are issues like this.

Are you serious? We are talking about Ubisoft of course it's their fault.

It takes skill to turn an innocent "hey, this thing doesn't work, anyone got any tips?" to "LOL THIS IS FUCKING SHIT GUYS, I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TAKING TWO SECONDS OF MY LIFE TO GOOGLE EITHER BECAUSE I'M A LAZY CUNT GIVE ME LIKES".

You think I haven't tried anything before? Guess what I tried everything that makes sense and it still doesn't work that's why I'm upset about it.

Game works fine for me....

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

You think I haven't tried anything before? Guess what I tried everything that makes sense and it still doesn't work that's why I'm upset about it.

Fight fire with fire.  

It not launching doesn't make sense.    You've tried everything that makes sense. 

Try the things that don't make sense. 

(Have you tried another user Windows user account? This one makes sense, so I assume you have.)

There there let's not hate ubisoft too much

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

That's a bad joke even after all these patches the game doesn't start for me at least. No blackscreen etc. it just does nothing, WHY? It seems all my Ushit games doesn't work like watchdogs except there I get a error message "watchdogs doesn't work" 

Open Taskmanager and sort in groups. Now open FC4 and see if it shows up for a second. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Fight fire with fire.  

It not launching doesn't make sense.    You've tried everything that makes sense. 

Try the things that don't make sense. 

(Have you tried another user Windows user account? This one makes sense, so I assume you have.)

Then I have something for you that doesn't makes sense, you commenting on this post where I ASK people about a way fixing that broken game I payed money for. So instead giving BS from you, you should just not talk with me, since I'm already upset enough with that game not working. Have a good day.

Open Taskmanager and sort in groups. Now open FC4 and see if it shows up for a second. 

Yeah it does show a for a second but then closes itself. Do you know the solution for it?

Yeah it does show a for a second but then closes itself. Do you know the solution for it?

I had that problem with AC: Brotherhood and contacted Ubisoft.  They told me to get Windows 7. And if that doesn't work they can't help me. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I had that problem with AC: Brotherhood and contacted Ubisoft.  They told me to get Windows 7. And if that doesn't work they can't help me. 

lol.. I am on windows 7 so they basically say "fuck you" ?

lol.. I am on windows 7 so they basically say "fuck you" ?

You could try to contact them, but it seems as you are really out of luck. Do you have another PC to try it. it can even be a laptop, just to see if it starts at all. 

Usually I see people be nice and friendly when they're asking for help. 

Being an asshole doesn't get any one anywhere.   Obey Wheaton's Law, dick. 

Then I have something for you that doesn't makes sense, you commenting on this post where I ASK people about a way fixing that broken game I payed money for. So instead giving BS from you, you should just not talk with me, since I'm already upset enough with that game not working. Have a good day.

Chill, chill.

Try running the game as admin, or going through the compatibility troublehooter

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Well, in my perspective I'm still the only one between both of us who is beeing friendly since I didn't insulted you as a "dick".

You could try to contact them, but it seems as you are really out of luck. Do you have another PC to try it. it can even be a laptop, just to see if it starts at all. 

I think I'll just contact them, sucks that in the year 2014 you have to go through such a hassle just to play your OWN already paid game just to play it.. and then they complain about piracy.

Did you try re installing it... How about Reinstalling UPlay? It's working fine for me...

And calm down... 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Just. Nope. 

I think I'll just contact them, sucks that in the year 2014 you have to go through such a hassle just to play your OWN already paid game just to play it.. and then they complain about piracy.

I can understand why you are pissed. I have spend 2 days trying to get it to work. I reinstalled everything by hand, as a admin and in windows 7 mode with no luck. I even formatted my game drive. Can you tell us if ubisoft could help you. 

Did you try re installing it... How about Reinstalling UPlay? It's working fine for me...

And calm down... 

I did re install both but same problem..

I will.. I just sent my system specs, drivers etc to their support with the problem explained and now I have to wait..

hay mate there's a lot of UBI (paid staff) coming on the forums in an attempt to make UBI LOOK GOOD its part of their damage control so be aware     

post-154698-0-09655900-1418855984.jpg

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

Usually I see people be nice and friendly when they're asking for help. 

Being an asshole doesn't get any one anywhere.   Obey Wheaton's Law, dick. 

No kidding.

Being an asshole to the people that are helping you makes them not want to help you.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!