Need serious opinion, no Racist stuff

Fatelinha

So, this is another of those Console or PC Gaming post but here is it:

I am a 15 year old who doesn't have enough money to buy a decent gaming PC (700-1000€) but I can, probably, afford a PS4 with the money I get from Christmas. A PS4 in my country is about 400€ with game included. Answer me this, NO PC FanBoys, NO Console FanBoys, just a GAMER true opinion: Should I buy the PS4 and maybe a small TV to play it (not completely necessary) or should I wait until I have a shit ton of money to build a computer and buy monitor and peripherals that can play AAA Games, 60 FPS, High settings.

With Love,

Me :P

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

I would go for the pc, as it will give you more time to enjoy and will re-make its money that you spent.

I own a ps4 too, I love it. But Pc is better, trust me

depends how long you need to wait, I know there is alot of console bashing going on here but tbh they work and can play games and most of the time with less issues than a PC. I play games for gameplay not graphics.... So if you really want a PS4 now then get it! (great PS4 exclusives games)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

if your thinking of getting a ps4 are there any games you want on it? id do that first because if there's very few game you want to play its not a good investment 

PC. But do your research when buying a PC (preferably building a PC).

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

I would go for the pc, as it will give you more time to enjoy and will re-make its money that you spent.

I own a ps4 too, I love it. But Pc is better, trust me

Re-make its money?

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

What exclusives do you want to play? I would go for a xbone simply for forza. But thats entirely up to you.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

if your thinking of getting a ps4 are there any games you want on it? id do that first because if there's very few game you want to play its not a good investment 

Shit ton of awesome games on the PS4 xD 

Re-make its money?

Games on pc are cheaper than console

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I was expecting something totally different after reading the title.

I'm a PC Gamer, i've had console in the past because of peer pressure. but now im 100% dedicated to the #PCMASTERRACE! and will never look back.

my suggestion is to wait untill you have enough money for your 1st gaming rig. i know its hard! i know you're 15 y/o and want to play now. Truth is, patience is a virtue my friend.

Wait, future brother, delay your ascencion and become part of the master race.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

To me, it would depend on what you like to play. Despite that there are a good few games scheduled to come out to ps4, right now, there isn't much choice. Not to mention there are no games of certain types (something i love about PC is the amount of games that are available and quite often at lovely prices, as you know :) )

If I were you I would start building a PC, start either saving or build a rig that can be easily upgraded. Ie; through use of old temporary components (case, peripherals etc). 

A ps4 is a good choice too though, although to me has much less long term value. They're great for a more "weekend warrior" types play style but they have their merits.:) 

Regardless of you choice, enjoy. :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Pc is a long term thing, if you have other activities right now then focus on those, get a great PC later. That will get the most satisfaction.

If you have nothing to do then I might get a PS4, ATM I don't know what kind of a setup you could get with your budget. 

PS4, for a quick and dirty solution.

PC, either planned with surgical precision now, or with more knowledge later, when everything isn't down to the last dime/penny.

EDIT: Don't forget to consult your friends, no matter how biased and un educated their opinions on the platform may be, it is still great to play with friends once you get to it. 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

this ^ 

i think that with sales you can end up getting a crap-ton of games on pc, lots of great older titles

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

For me it's like: PC > Wii U > Xbox One > PS4. I would go for them in that order.

Anyways, if you have a lot of friends on PS4 or want some exclusives, go for it.

I would suggest a monitor instead of a TV though, if you were to go for any console.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

EDIT: Don't forget to consult your friends, no matter how biased and un educated their opinions on the platform may be, it is still great to play with friends once you get to it. 

My friends are all poor mothafocas who only play lol and don't even care about other games. Only one of them has a PS4 :D but he is a cool guy wich is nice xD

I have a xbox for over 5 year. I played on it for a solid 2/3 years with friends and I loved it. I now have a pc and love it as well but I can't play with as many IRL friends cuz they have a PS3. So I would say, how many friends of you have PS4 and woud love to play with you? And how many do have a PC and want to play games with you?  Nothing beats a fun time with friends 

For me it's like: PC > Wii U > Xbox One > PS4. I would go for them in that order.

Anyways, if you have a lot of friends on PS4 or want some exclusives, go for it.

I would suggest a monitor instead of a TV though, if you were to go for any console.

Any monitor you recommend?

Any monitor you recommend?

I like my BENQ monitor. It's the GL2460.

It's great for the price. Colors are not amazing IMHO, but can't except IPS quality for that price and from a TN panel.

It's 2 ms response time is great and playing FPS games is awesome on it.

I sometimes play at my friends house and he plays on a HD TV and I really notice the delay, that's why I would recommend a monitor

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

My friends are all poor mothafocas who only play lol and don't even care about other games. Only one of them has a PS4 :D but he is a cool guy wich is nice xD

Then you are back to the part above the edit in my first comment, with a little more emphasis on PC maybe. If all your friends have PC's (even if it is for LoL only), then it is still the platform to use if you want to stay in touch more.

I don't think that your friends are likely to be confined to nothing else but a single title, get some games like insurgency and interstellar marines of steam, share games like those across your friends.

The small group of friends that I have usually has someone buy a game, decide it would be fun in a group, then get everyone else to buy it, if someone can't afford it right there and then it will be gifted to them. This is enabled by steam.

The 60€ price tag on most console titles would make this a difficult thing to achieve. 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Then you are back to the part above the edit in my first comment, with a little more emphasis on PC maybe. If all your friends have PC's (even if it is for LoL only), then it is still the platform to use if you want to stay in touch more.

I don't think that your friends are likely to be confined to nothing else but a single title, get some games like insurgency and interstellar marines of steam, share games like those across your friends.

The small group of friends that I have usually has someone buy a game, decide it would be fun in a group, then get everyone else to buy it, if someone can't afford it right there and then it will be gifted to them. This is enabled by steam.

The 60€ price tag on most console titles would make this a difficult thing to achieve. 

Beliefe me some people get stuck to LoL and can't play anything else even if they have the game (but it might change when GTAv is coming out :P )

Thank you guys :D you were a good help, I will just wait to see how much money I get from christmas and then decide :D