Case light modding?

Go to solution Solved by Mujteba,

As far as I know behind the front panel there should just be an LED for that power button. Either the LED itself is red or there is a red filter over the switch. For the former case, remove the red coloured LED and buy your desired colour of LED from the hardware and solder it place (check and triple check the polarity before soldering). If it turns out that it is a white LED and they are simply using a colour filter then take some sandpaper and see if you can make it clear so the light comes out white, then paint over it with transparent plastic paint of your desired colour.

Hi! I've been thinking what case should I get to my build and I've been thinking of Phantom 820 and Graphite 780t. I would like to get the 780t, because of it's cheapness compared to Phantom 820, but my main lighting color would be green so is there any way to mod those lights highlighted on the picture?

post-169985-0-39531700-1418841255.jpg

As far as I know behind the front panel there should just be an LED for that power button. Either the LED itself is red or there is a red filter over the switch. For the former case, remove the red coloured LED and buy your desired colour of LED from the hardware and solder it place (check and triple check the polarity before soldering). If it turns out that it is a white LED and they are simply using a colour filter then take some sandpaper and see if you can make it clear so the light comes out white, then paint over it with transparent plastic paint of your desired colour.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Thanks for the help :)