Syber Vapor A - Steambox type finally done right? Almost

Misanthrope

The i5 would be a great upgrade

No. This are gaming machines. It wouldn't be a great upgrade for gaming, in fact barely noticeable if at all. People with this machines are severely unlikely to be doing video rendering or anything like that where the CPU upgrade would actually matter.

-------

Current Rig

-------

SNIP

this totally!, which is why I like the alpha styling, its got the slightly bling alien head, but otherwise its like a black little Wii U sized box

nobody wants some crazy white glowing vented thing under the TV

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

this totally!, which is why I like the alpha styling, its got the slightly bling alien head, but otherwise its like a black little Wii U sized box

It is available on black as well though

-------

Current Rig

-------

It is available on black as well though

I didnt realise, I still think its a bit ugly though, :P

I wish somebody would use the ML07 case or something with that design

Silverstone-ML07-HTPC-Case_BANNER_new.jp

OR

even better

THIS the Moneual 300 slim

mon-300-front-large.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No. This are gaming machines. It wouldn't be a great upgrade for gaming, in fact barely noticeable if at all. People with this machines are severely unlikely to be doing video rendering or anything like that where the CPU upgrade would actually matter.

:rolleyes:

Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. 

Everything I have is black, cause every HT equipment I've ever bought or sold myself is either black or very, very dark. The picture is a little dark, but you get the idea. These things matter. People on these forums go on and on about aesthetics but fail to realize that aesthetics extend to a lot of areas and people buy based off those. 

Someone who already has an existing HT setup is not going to sour their setup for some overly styled pile of garbage that has no restraint or good taste. I say this because I used to sell 5,000 dollar TVs for a living. I know what and how people buy especially when it comes to their couch entertainment. 

DYB8Jmt.jpg

SNIP

understand exactly

What do you think of the cases I posted above?

I didnt realise, I still think its a bit ugly though, :P

I wish somebody would use the ML07 case or something with that design

Silverstone-ML07-HTPC-Case_BANNER_new.jp

OR

even better

THIS the Moneual 300 slim

mon-300-front-large.jpg

Yes those are a lot nicer. Not sure about how much pricier but yes I would build on one of those instead.

-------

Current Rig

-------

this is a really good value IMO, my only concern is the stock AMD heat sync can be loud.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

The video review is a bit of a joke.

No measurements of sound or temperature levels, no gaming benchmarks.

Your joking right ? it's not a review where did you get that idea from ? it's a look at it and impressions.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

this is a really good value IMO, my only concern is the stock AMD heat sync can be loud.

I don't think it has the AMD stock heat sync, how did you get find that out ? I'm serious not trolling.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

-snip-

Do you have a better image ? This isn't you m8 give me a better image, I really like your photography.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

understand exactly

What do you think of the cases I posted above?

The second one for sure. It looks like something I already own AND it looks stackable, which is very important. 

My beefy receiver has large feet that raise it off the ground or whatever device it gets stacked on. Its meant to be stacked if you need  it. I routinely stack things, and its great because HT equipment is often vented like crazy. Why? Active and passive cooling is a must when you're driving 1000W of anything. Its why the One looks like a goddamn cheese grater. Sure, Sony pulled it off too, but MS went a different direction. 

I swear my HT receiver gets louder than my One, and my HT receiver is just sending audio and not doing the hardcore computation that a console does in comparison. 

Do you have a better image ? This isn't you m8 give me a better image, I really like your photography.

I can get you one later today when I get home, don't have anything decent on my phone right now. 

I can get you one later today when I get home, don't have anything decent on my phone right now. 

Thanks m8, and how is that TV working for you ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Thanks m8, and how is that TV working for you ?

Probably one of the best TVs ever made. Easily, and still beats out whats available today. OLED sets will finally knock it off its throne. But I've had this TV since 2008 and I wouldn't let it go even if it broke. Cause I'd spend money to go get it fixed if it did indeed break. 

I don't think it has the AMD stock heat sync, how did you get find that out ? I'm serious not trolling.

it said something along the lines of AMD certified heatsync... or something.

and i thought there was a shot in the video where it showed the internals, and if what i think i saw was correct, it looked exactly like my FX8350 stock heatsync, which was very very loud.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

it said something along the lines of AMD certified heatsync... or something.

and i thought there was a shot in the video where it showed the internals, and if what i think i saw was correct, it looked exactly like my FX8350 stock heatsync, which was very very loud.

If it was the FX8350 on the Athlon then it's great, it wont be that loud.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Motherboard: ECS H81H3-I/HDMI (V1.0) Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($35.98 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($28.98 @ Newegg) 

Total: $487.91

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-17 13:01 EST-0500

Your joking right ? it's not a review where did you get that idea from ? it's a look at it and impressions.

Well whatever you call it, it's kind of pointless.

You could get all that information from manufacturer's product page.

Well whatever you call it, it's kind of pointless.

You could get all that information from manufacturer's product page.

No there is a difference, you cant say LLT old unboxings are reviews and say they are not useful, names make differences, if you don't like the video give a dislike and criticize it, just don't be an idiot saying BS without a reason and logic behind it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Yeah, no.

Also, the 80s called, it wants its styling and plastic quality back.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

you cant say LLT old unboxings are reviews and say they are not useful

Having just watched today's 'oldschool unboxing' I would say that Linus gives a lot more impressions in his 'unboxings and impressions'.

There's a lot of commentary from someone who's seen a lot more similar hardware. The video in the OP is just the host doing a lot of listing and not a lot of commenting and then for some inexplicable reason taking the time to show how Steam works.

This looks pretty interesting. One detail she leaves out is upgradeability and the part configurator on the cyberpowerpc site.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.